First week magnet fishing *New Finds 11/15*

bowfin

Nov 9, 2008
Michigan
Went magnet fishing for the first time today. Only went for about 45 minutes. I used a 250 lb pull magnet. The finds were not that great, but there is always next time. I fished from shore at a fishing spot on a small river. I kept dragging in the weeds near the shore, which trapped small fish. I returned what fish I could to the water. I think I'm going to fish deeper waters around docks to avoid this problem. I hooked onto a few larger objects, but the drag across the bottom knocked them loose. Got splashed alot with muddy water. Wasn't such a smart idea to go to this spot between classes :)

Small spinnerbait with plastic grub(hook is rusty. The blade part that attaches to the jig might be salvageable)
Rusty piece of Pipe(only about 6 inches long)
Rusty nail clipper(can barely tell what it is)
Rusty pliers(rusted in open position)
Large rusty washer
Large rusty nut
Bottle cap
Rusty hook
Nails
non rusty unknown object(might be some sort of clip)
Rusty unknown objects

I plan on trying a fishing dock or two this weekend. Will let you know how it goes

Upvote 3

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried this twice and people looked at me with a puzzled look on their face. I got nothing but skunked but I think if I was in a better spot it could of been more rewarding. Still had a good time though. Good for you Bowfin keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Ibmike1655

Sep 11, 2012
Woodstock, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X, Garrett ATPro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try working the docks around repair shops at marinas. I pulled several thousands of dollars worth of tools from place I worked. Co-workers were glad to get some of their tools back. Specialty tools can be very expensive to buy.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kind of a interesting thread.I have always wanted to try that down a old well.wont get no coin or precious metals that way,but who knows what you could pull up.guns, knifes, maybe someone could have used it to throw there trash away in the 19th century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions