What's new

Fisher 1280 x or Minelab Excalibur

kando

Full Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
143
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
,U.S.A. almost in Canada
Detector(s) used
....Tesoro conquistador , minelab sovereign
Of the 2 detectors the 1280 x or the Excalibur i am going to get one but 95 % of the time fresh water what one would be best for me ? Or would they both work about the same for me?
 
I have two 1280's which I use sometimes when family comes over to go detecting. But I use the Excal because it is better. Excal iginore small iron while still sounding off on a gold ring near or even under the iron unlike the 1280 which can disc out the iron and also the ring. Also with the 1280 you have one beep while the Excal has a full tone response to help ID the target and it is at least twice as deep.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom