What's new

Flu Shots

Did not mean to start a medical war. If you don't want a flu shot don't get one. Myself I have Never had one, and this is my first Flu in 15 years, it was mearly an idea.................wow, should have know it was a conspiracy!
 
I was reading an article a while back,I'll find it if youre interested Iron patch.The article was titled chemtrail flu.The symptoms were similar to the flu except mild,a headache was one of the main symptoms.


Think I'll pass on the conspiracy theories. :)
 
I have never had a Flu shot - I have gotten the flu probably 4 or 5 times in my 4 + decades on this earth.

Just the facts ma'am!
 
Seriously people, if you have ever had Influenza you will become a believer in anything that might prevent you getting it again. Had it at 18 and again around 30 and both times I was seriously ill for a couple of weeks, plus another couple to recover. This is not the stomach upset stuff, this is a 102 fever, bone pain, wracking cough and being so weak that within a couple hours of symptom onset you can't sit up. Most insurance plans cover the shot, and after holding flu shot clinics for thousands of employees over the years, I never heard of a single getting sick from the shot, or getting the flu.
 
I never heard of a single getting sick from the shot, or getting the flu.

Ive heard of first hand accounts,people getting paralyzed from them,Ive heard of people dying from them.I'll pass and stay healthy.:laughing7:
 
Flu shot conspiracy?????? Read the data……….It is your statements that are baseless and dangerous……
Care to engage in a scientific debate here? Lets go for it….strictly science, even the studies used by the CDC and pharma companies data…….

LOL...thanks but no thanks...all the best!
 
TNet is having problems posting pics.

I had double pneumonia as a kid from probably bird flu, took home a sick pigeon then I got sick. Had mild flu this year, and Dr. Still gave me flu shot saying it was 4 anti- flu shots in one! Only get the shots now because the other half isn't healthy. Medical field is getting a little too money minded, instead of patient care.
If I could detect all day I'd be fine! Lol!
 
One of my painting customers mother became paralyzed after getting a flu shot.Anybody wants their shot go nuts,have fun with it.Anybody comes near me with a needle I guarantee theyre not going to be liking it after I take it away from them.
 
I saw a documentary on flu shots, and they said it is really a shot in the dark. There are dozens of strains of flu, and they have to prepare the vaccine months in advance, so they have to take a guess at which strain it will be. Maybe they're right, maybe not.

There have been serious side effects from the shot that are much worse than the flu, granted a small percent, but why take a chance.

Wash your hands, don't rub your eyes, stay away from germie kids, eat right and get enough rest. That's my plan, and it's been 30 yrs. since I was sick. Knock on wood.
 
I'm sure a very few people have bad reactions to flu shots. The fact that someone got a shot and then got sick doesn't mean it was the shot. There is a vast difference between commonality and causation.

Far, far more people get sick - and die - from the flu than they do from the shot.

The good news is that people who don't get the shot probably aren't going to get anyone else seriously ill. Unlike selfish parents who don't vaccinate their children.

Happy New Year to All,

~ The Old Bookaroo
 
I disagree Susan -

I don't care if you get a Flu shot or not, that's a personal thing.

To say Everyone who gets the Flu shot NEVER gets the Flu is FALSE. Too many strains of the Flu.

Calling parents "selfish" who don't get their kids Flu shots is also irrational Book. If you want your kids to have them, great. Though don't try to be-little others for not following you.
 
I disagree Susan -

I don't care if you get a Flu shot or not, that's a personal thing.

To say Everyone who gets the Flu shot NEVER gets the Flu is FALSE. Too many strains of the Flu.

Calling parents "selfish" who don't get their kids Flu shots is also irrational Book. If you want your kids to have them, great. Though don't try to be-little others for not following you.

You need to read my post a little closer. I didn't say no one ever gets the flu, I said in the populations I have dealt with I haven't been aware or made aware of any cases that occurred post shot. And the comment about parents did not come from me.
 
Seriously people, if you have ever had Influenza you will become a believer in anything that might prevent you getting it again. Had it at 18 and again around 30 and both times I was seriously ill for a couple of weeks, plus another couple to recover. This is not the stomach upset stuff, this is a 102 fever, bone pain, wracking cough and being so weak that within a couple hours of symptom onset you can't sit up. Most insurance plans cover the shot, and after holding flu shot clinics for thousands of employees over the years, I never heard of a single getting sick from the shot, or getting the flu.


That sounds like the Norwalk virus. My sister caught it about a decade ago and she warned me saying you don't want this. I laughed because the flu doesn't tend to affect my stomach, and I'd often work through it. Well the Norwalk was certainly no walk in the park like a normal virus.... never been so sick in my life. It's basically an airborne food poison. You don't want to catch it!
 
TheRingFinder:

I'm not aware of anybody stating flu shots are 100% effective. That's a straw man.

I did not write parents are selfish for not having their children get flu shots.

Happy New Year to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo
 
Everyone including myself in 1st Brigade, 3rd Armored Division at Kirchgoens, Germany (West Germany back then) had to take the mandantory Flu Shots back in 1973 or 1974 and everyone got sick. We would have been in a world of hurt if Russia and/or the Eastern Bloc Countries had decided to attack us during that time. Afterwards, we were told that it was a bad batch of Flu Vaccine and was told that we should never get a Flu Vaccine again because of it. I don't know if they were right but I have not taken any since and yes, I had numerous bouts of Flu and Pneumonia up until about 2010 when I had Sinus Surgery. I am keeping my' fingers crossed but I have not had any problems with Flu or Pneumonia since.


Frank
 
You need to read my post a little closer. I didn't say no one ever gets the flu, I said in the populations I have dealt with I haven't been aware or made aware of any cases that occurred post shot. And the comment about parents did not come from me.

You are correct Susan, I miss read your comment on people getting the Flu - sorry, but alas, you did the same to me!
I commented directly to "Book" about the selfish statement not to you!
Now get out and detect, it's only 10 to 15 below zero today. :BangHead:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom