What's new

Found A Nice Blade

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
I went to one of my favorite fields this afternoon. It was planted in squash this fall. The plants are dead and i was pleased to find these.


This blade is nice! My grandson found one just like it in this field several years ago.











Does anybody know what kind of tooth this is? I've never found one of these before.


 
Upvote 0
That blade is really nice!
 
That's an incisor from a pig.
Not to be confused with the whetters & cutters... But equally mean.


~Tejaas~
 
Last edited:
Awesome finds, you're lucky to have such great spots to hunt, once again I'm jealous! Just kidding but really really wishing I could find some like the ones you find. :notworthy:
 
That blade is sweet! I like the others to. Great hunt you had.
 
Big blade! Nice finds sir.
 
You had another great day, it's amazing how many nice pieces you find!
 
Don't know how I missed this post. Nice finds . Nice stone.
 
Neat blade, points are nice also.
 
Nice chunky blade.
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.
 
Dang that's a huge blade! Nice!
 
Nice biface.

That's an incisor from a pig.
Not to be confused with the whetters & cutters... But equally mean.
~Tejaas~

Yep pig tooth, it could have been broken up from a pig skull or pulled by a farmer. Now-a-days most pigs have their teeth clipped and the males are castrated within a couple of days of birth (they have little spike teeth pointing out to defend their 'territory' from their brothers & sisters while nursing.) 3 or 4 generations back people often let pigs root for more of their food before pulling their teeth when they were a couple of months old (they also waited to neuter them, I guess they liked their hams a little gamier than we do.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom