Found an OLD axe and crowbar in old trading route -- please help identify!

jamiedw

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TreasureNet folks,

I'm trying to figure out the origins of this pick axe and crow bar we found while exploring an old trading route. The pick axe has markings... maybe a "forge mark?"

Does anyone have any insights, or even pictures of other axes they know about that match this one? Would love to try to figure out the era/time it was made, origins, anything at all!

Thank you so much everyone. Casting about in the dark here... Resized_20210709_121009.jpg Resized_20210713_130433.jpg

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't tell if the pick has an A or 4. If it's an A it could be an Ames ?

OP
OP
J

jamiedw

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm I only see a B and an O, on opposite sides of some kind of arrow-like shape. Where do you see the A or the 4?

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the pic of the pick with the pry bar to the left of center. Could be just my eyes?
Hmmm I only see a B and an O, on opposite sides of some kind of arrow-like shape. Where do you see the A or the 4?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the pic of the pick with the pry bar to the left of center. Could be just my eyes?

2nd picture there is letter on each side of where handle fits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread