What's new

Found an old mill stone, is it worth anything?

MilitariaCollector

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
140
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
I went fishing today and saw an old mill stone on the river bank. If I remember correctly, it was about 3 feet in diameter, and about 3 inches thick. Is there any resell value on these as decorative items? I didnt examine it closely, it could be broken for all I know.
 
Nice yard decoration!

:o I just googled antique millstones... they (can be) worth thousands! Do some online research, they can fetch a bunch!
 
Send your address.
I'll ship my old millstone to you on the next greyhound bus.
Once you rescue them, they just hang around your neck 'til they drag you down !
 
rmptr said:
Send your address.
I'll ship my old millstone to you on the next greyhound bus.
Once you rescue them, they just hang around your neck 'til they drag you down !

I have no use for the damned thing.
 
I have a couple. Google I think it Atlanta and millstone. Diff types great finds may be two of them also if you found one.
 
Make CERTAIN you have permission from the owner to remove it if it is not on your land!! I would be much more intersted in detecting that area for great finds related to the long-gone mill than trying to drag that beast out with a winch and a flat bed truck.


-BB
 
I would also think a mill stone could fetch a pretty nice price. Personally I would keep it :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy is right it would be a great place to swing your detector :icon_sunny:
 
A couple of questions that comes to mind.....

Where did the mill stone come from?
Was there a mill located there on the river?

I am sure that someone would probably buy it, but would it be worth the effort to haul it out of its present resting place?

http://www.meadowsmills.com/stones.htm

The above link might give you an idea of the value.

Ray S
 
Ray S ECenFL said:
A couple of questions that comes to mind.....

Where did the mill stone come from?
Was there a mill located there on the river?

They don't travel far from the mill sites. :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom