What's new

Found My Year Maker for 2016

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had the whole day off and it was sunny so I decided to walk a creek. I wanted to yak another but the owner just set beaver traps so I went to my usual. I wasnt really looking to find much seeing I hadnt found anything good in a while. I went to a section where a big tree had fallen in January across the creek. The last rain we had caused a big gravel bar to form just below the tree. I was walking and looking and saw something different laying sideways just barley showing nothing but 1 edge. I decided to reach as I have done many times just to throw it away (rocks). As I pulled it from its gravel bed I then saw it was this. Its 4.25 inches long and looks like a Etley or a StilWell. Either way its the biggest flint knife I have ever found. Its my 2016 end of the year last hunt and a really nice find for me.
Happy New Year Everyone! rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC12019.webp
    SDC12019.webp
    658.9 KB · Views: 198
  • SDC12017.webp
    SDC12017.webp
    698.2 KB · Views: 167
  • SDC12021.webp
    SDC12021.webp
    675.3 KB · Views: 199
  • SDC12023.webp
    SDC12023.webp
    513.4 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0
Way to send the year off on a high note!
 
Well water worn Etley, nice find to close out the year.
 
That's a great find. I'm glad you were able to end the year on a high note!!
 
That is a very good find. Thanks for sharing.
 
Nice going Rock! Creek gave up some nice ones. Good way to end the year. Keep it rolling
 
Man rock that rock rocks!!!
 
That's nice glad you found u a good one!
 
Nice one! Bet that will make you eager to get back out there!
 
Good one. Hopefully there's more there waiting for you to find them.
 
That is a great find Rock, it just shows that you never give up on a creek. The water moves stuff around so much it's like a new creek after every rain.:occasion14:
 
Nice one! Bet that will make you eager to get back out there!

Im out there more than you know just havent been finding nothing but broken stuff.
 
That is a great find Rock, it just shows that you never give up on a creek. The water moves stuff around so much it's like a new creek after every rain.:occasion14:

Thats true to. Beavers built some dams when water was low. Creek pretty full now and the dams broke in one end sections which caused the creek to shift a bit in some places eroding some new spots which caused some new things to pop out as well as the fallen tree. Need some more rain still though.
 
Well water worn Etley, nice find to close out the year.

I thought Etley to for a while till I noticed this one displays older archaic flaking so now I am thinking more Elk River on it looks older than a Etley by the large percussion flakes on the one side to me.
 
nice one rock,the flaking does not look like elk river too me though
 
So sorry to be so late posting on this but got a lot going on. Anyway, that's incredible and the little one too! The material is real pretty! I can see how it is your year maker as it would be mine too if I had found it! way to go Rock!
 
I bet you about crapped! What a save.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom