🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found near Mad Anthony Wayne's camp in Southern Ohio

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any idea what this could be. M
InkedIMG-4595_LI.jpg
e and a buddy was detecting where in 1794 Mad Anthony Wayne camped in southern Ohio Carroll county. Today we met one land owner and talked to him for a while. He gave up permission to hunt his property any time we wanted to. I think the spring would be much better because of all the tall weeds and brush. While we was talking to him he showed and gave me a object and did not know what it was. Three or four years ago he had part of a hill dug away so he could have a hut type storage building built. When they dug the hill away and the bottom of the hill they uncovered this brass or bronze type item. It is about 12 inches long 2 1/4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inch thick. the center type in kind of concave as to hold something. In the picture with the Blue x and there shed level it was found next to the corner spot where the shed corner is. As you can see it was quite deep in the earth. When they dug the dirt they uncovered the item.
IMG-4603Concave.jpg
IMG-4601.jpg
IMG-4590.jpg
IMG-4602.jpg

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Most every common house fan has a small motor with a bronze bearing,I,ve torn down a 100 of them to scrap the copper. Bronze has the property of lubricity,so say engineers.I hope I,m right,I don,t run to the net every time I have one of these ideas.Of course some of them turn into brain farts!!!!!:tongue3:
:tongue3::tongue3::happy3::happy3::happy3:
I've hand scraped bearium bronze bearings for Arter Grinders when I worked in the Spindle Room at Pratt & Whitney,I loved my job and the bonus was I got PAID for it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread