What's new

Found Silver Coin Cache with new SE PRO...Outstanding!!

mj-air23

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jamestown, ND
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Tesoro Stingray II
Finally got out with my new SE Pro that I have been dying to swing. A buddy and I went for a 2-hour hunt to a couple of spots he had permission to hunt at. First, was an older house where we picked up some clad and I got a wheatie. I am still trying to get used to the SE, as I had the XS before, and the iron mask was different, the pinpointing was definitely different, and I am trying to get used to the Ferrous numbers, as I have not used them before. We moved on to the next spot, and right off the bat, my buddy picks up a well worn Barber quarter. We thought, hmmm, this spot could have potential. He dug another target, and it was 3 clad quarters in one hole. Meanwhile, I dug a clad dime, a zinc penny, some can slaw, and just kinda wandered around hoping to get some kind of a solid signal. I swung the coil next to a bush, and got a solid 00 25 on the SE. Thinking it was maybe a wheatie or Indian I kneeled down, dug the plug, and scooped out the first handful of dirt. Stuck the probe in the pile and was delighted to find a 1910 Canadian Quarter. I was pleasantly surprised to get my first older Canadian silver coin. I called my buddy over to show him, and then put the coin in my pouch. I stuck the probe back in the hole and she sang out again. I said, oh boy, there's more in here! I reached in and took another handful of dirt out, and mixed in the dirt were 5 or 6 more silver coins, some quarters and a half, I think. Now, I started getting shaky....I looked down in the hole, and I could see more coins in there stacked together, but horizontally in the hole, with the reeded edges sticking up. Now I was excited. I dug some more dirt out around them and scooped them out of the hole. By the time I was done, I had 21 silver coins laying beside the hole! Totally awesome!! Final tally was: 3 Barber Halves, 2 Walking Liberty Halves, 4 Barber Quarters, 6 Standing Liberty Quarters(2 with dates), 5 Washington Quarters, and the first 1910 Canadian Quarter. Oldest coin was 1897 and newest coin was 1936. My first ever Cache and its something I will never forget! It is why I love this hobby so much. Thanks for sharing it with me!
 

Attachments

  • silver1.webp
    silver1.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 8,677
  • silver2.webp
    silver2.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 8,253
  • silver3.webp
    silver3.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 8,404
  • silver coins.webp
    silver coins.webp
    30 KB · Views: 8,290
Upvote 2
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Fantastic find! I think your hooked on digging after that spill. Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Congrats on your BANNER find. :thumbsup:

Fossis............
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I have always wanted a cash cache. Too cool.

You know what else gets your heart going like that: finding a zinc fruit jar top. I have found 3, but alas, no bottle full of coins underneath any of them. I will have to live vicariously through your find!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I know the silver cache feeling,aint it Great!
Awsome find my friend,hope your on a roll............ :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Congratulations on an amazing cache! Don't know what that feels like.......yet ::)

Every detectorists dream. Just goes to show everyone, they are out there. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

MJ
Beautiful Baby.
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Thanks to everyone on this site for all the great replies! And also, for getting my find on the banner, it means so much to me! I am still flying high after finding the cache and still can't believe it. I thought it was something only I would see on you tube. :o I plan on putting the coins in a display case and preserving the moment. It is why I love this hobby so much, you just never know what you will find when you scoop that dirt out of the hole. Thanks very much! :headbang:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Fantastic! What a great cache find! Very nice, that is what we all dream of. HH
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Ouch! Ya killing me here!

That's a truly awesome find! :notworthy:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I appreciate the comments. Thanks! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

nice score!!!! MR TUFF
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

What a nice cache of silver! :wav:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

No. THANK YOU for sharing with us.That is awesome!!! some one said 220 in silver value? give it a week or so it'll be worth a lot more. Great find!!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

The thrill of recovering it from the ground is worth more than any silver value it could have. It will be something I will always remember. Thanks for the reply!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Nice jackpot there... Not seen too often. Congrats......
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I love seeing cache finds. Congrats to you. That's a find of a lifetime as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:
-MM-
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

You know what. Your cache is so wonderful to watch. I've stared at it several times and showed it to wife and family as an example of how amazing is this hobby of ours :headbang: I have seen a cache like that in dreams because I know people buried their money and then completely forgot about it. There are more caches out there. I'm still after the dream of such a magic moment :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

cyberborikua said:
You know what. Your cache is so wonderful to watch. I've stared at it several times and showed it to wife and family as an example of how amazing is this hobby of ours :headbang: I have seen a cache like that in dreams because I know people buried their money and then completely forgot about it. There are more caches out there. I'm still after the dream of such a magic moment :thumbsup:

Thanks alot! I too look at the pictures and see the coins in front of me and relive that moment I found them, and realize just how much I love this wonderful hobby! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

SWEEEET!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I give u an idea. Your first picture is so well taken and representative of our hobby that if I were you I'd make it bigger and frame it :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom