What's new

Found Silver Coin Cache with new SE PRO...Outstanding!!

mj-air23

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Jamestown, ND
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Tesoro Stingray II
Finally got out with my new SE Pro that I have been dying to swing. A buddy and I went for a 2-hour hunt to a couple of spots he had permission to hunt at. First, was an older house where we picked up some clad and I got a wheatie. I am still trying to get used to the SE, as I had the XS before, and the iron mask was different, the pinpointing was definitely different, and I am trying to get used to the Ferrous numbers, as I have not used them before. We moved on to the next spot, and right off the bat, my buddy picks up a well worn Barber quarter. We thought, hmmm, this spot could have potential. He dug another target, and it was 3 clad quarters in one hole. Meanwhile, I dug a clad dime, a zinc penny, some can slaw, and just kinda wandered around hoping to get some kind of a solid signal. I swung the coil next to a bush, and got a solid 00 25 on the SE. Thinking it was maybe a wheatie or Indian I kneeled down, dug the plug, and scooped out the first handful of dirt. Stuck the probe in the pile and was delighted to find a 1910 Canadian Quarter. I was pleasantly surprised to get my first older Canadian silver coin. I called my buddy over to show him, and then put the coin in my pouch. I stuck the probe back in the hole and she sang out again. I said, oh boy, there's more in here! I reached in and took another handful of dirt out, and mixed in the dirt were 5 or 6 more silver coins, some quarters and a half, I think. Now, I started getting shaky....I looked down in the hole, and I could see more coins in there stacked together, but horizontally in the hole, with the reeded edges sticking up. Now I was excited. I dug some more dirt out around them and scooped them out of the hole. By the time I was done, I had 21 silver coins laying beside the hole! Totally awesome!! Final tally was: 3 Barber Halves, 2 Walking Liberty Halves, 4 Barber Quarters, 6 Standing Liberty Quarters(2 with dates), 5 Washington Quarters, and the first 1910 Canadian Quarter. Oldest coin was 1897 and newest coin was 1936. My first ever Cache and its something I will never forget! It is why I love this hobby so much. Thanks for sharing it with me!
 

Attachments

  • silver1.webp
    silver1.webp
    109.3 KB · Views: 8,677
  • silver2.webp
    silver2.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 8,253
  • silver3.webp
    silver3.webp
    88.3 KB · Views: 8,404
  • silver coins.webp
    silver coins.webp
    30 KB · Views: 8,290
Upvote 2
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Many of us are still waiting to find something like
you just found...a silver cache with old and new
coins in it. Congratulations to you......
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Awesome find...

been dreaming of such a find since I began MD...O well I guess my 1927 wheat penny will have to do for now...lol
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

BIG congrats.

A find like that is on my top ten list. Maybe tomorrow ?
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Fantastic find, you also have my banner vote. :headbang:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

WooooW :tongue3: I didnt get a chance to vote,but sure would have. Congrats :notworthy:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Wow. Great find! That Canadian quarter with Edward VII bust is really gorgeous. man, that is on my wish list! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

WOW incredible find. Great job
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Super sweet silver spill!!! :headbang: :notworthy: Bet that hole was glittering at you when you flipped the plug!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

:occasion14:

Well Done! Man o man....what a day!

Baldingboy
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Beautiful!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Great find! Congratulations!
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

I love it! Great find and a great story.
Congratulations on the big silver.
:hello2:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

YEEE HAAAA! What a great find! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :icon_thumright: :hello2: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Welcome to the silver cache club ! I know the feeling once you figure out what you have found ! You will never forget it :hello2: All the eggs are not usually in one basket. Have fun out there ! MaineRelic
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Outstanding, congratulations !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

congratulations :coffee2:
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

That's the kind of find that we all dream about! :notworthy:



:wav: Congrats on making it to the BANNER! :wav:



Dave
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Nice find man.... freddy
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

OUTSTANDING!! I love the look of those silver coins against the very black, Red River valley soil!!

Slab
 
Re: Found Silver with new SE PRO...and lots of it!

Awesome find !
Thanks or posting the Photos for us to see. And I bet you find more at that site this summer .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom