What's new

Found trash pit in my yard

collector01

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
1,377
Reaction score
1,142
Golden Thread
1
Location
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was digging up a bush for the wife, everytime I dig in the yard I dig a extra foot to see if I find anything. This time I seen a little glass so I broke out the probe. About 2 to 3 ft down kept hitting something so dug a little 4 foot wide hole lol. Got several bottles. Was a pain with the water rushing in. Found a bottle with a round bottom, never seen that before. Any ideas on the brown piece with stars? Did get a spoon. Will detect it when It dries out some and dig a little more.
 

Attachments

  • 1458408298299.webp
    1458408298299.webp
    95.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 1458408316740.webp
    1458408316740.webp
    103 KB · Views: 128
  • 1458408343079.webp
    1458408343079.webp
    127.8 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 16
Looks like you got a hot spot close to home. You got an old spittoon, or half of one anyways. Any maker mark on the base ?
 
Thanks, I thought that's what it could be. No marks, must be on the part I haven't found yet.
 
Sweet......tell wife you are doing major landscape job in the yard for her
 
Those round bottom bottles were common, they are designed that way on purpose. They were sealed with a cork and stored on their side to keep the cork wet. Nice back yard finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom