What's new

found YESTERDAY, a diamond ring!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
3,644
Reaction score
5,648
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Almost without fail - for years, as I would walk out the door to go detecting, the wife would wish me luck, and say, "Go find a diamond ring"...!
I (finally) did what SHE wanted...! :laughing7:

At a small city park, I might have found THE very same lost ring, that I've been hunting for, for several years!
Now, I'm in the process in trying to find the owner.
There are two letters SP right next to 14k on the inside of the ring, so it may be the owner's initials.

The ring has three tiny stones, that could be diamonds (that needs to be confirmed also)..., and they are nestled
among gold nuggets, making it an attractive and unique ring.

Sorry the photos are the best I could do. Hope they give an idea of the beauty of this find.

PICT63521.webp
PICT63481.webp


UPDATE: - Tried finding owner for a month, using Craig's List, Facebook and local authorities,
but no one stepped forward to claim it. The ring is mine!
:icon_thumright:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 57
My wife says the same thing! Still looking for mine, but looks like you found a real beauty. Congrats!
 
Awesome find! Good luck with finding the previous owner!
 
Awesome ring brother. Congrats!
 
Congratz! That is one crazy looking ring! But I would take it every day of the week, twice on Saturdays! :hello2:
 
I love finding rings even ones from gum ball machines. That ones is a lunker of a find. Congrats!
 
Great ring. My wife tells me the same thing!
 
Nice big gold recovery! Congratualtions! :occasion14:
 
Nice find that one is unique congratulations
 
Congrats on the diamond encrusted gold nugget ring.
I think SS may have more to do with a makers mark than the owner's initials.
Sweet find
 
im frothing. excellent find. What's the weight/size on that sexy thang?
 
Super nice find!

tabman
 
Grats on the honker gold.
 
im frothing. excellent find. What's the weight/size on that sexy thang?

thanks! I'm not going to weigh it, but (kinda) still looking for the owner.
Its heavier than the other rings I have found before.
 
Hey, eyemustdigtreasure,

SP typically stands for Straight Plum (exactly whatever karat it shows). You have a 14K Straight Plumb ring. Nice find. Personally, I'd toss up an ad on craigslist for a month that a ring was found in the park (and call the lost and found of your city and tell them you're "going detecting, and should you look for any rings that have been lost? Do you have descriptions?")

Very likely, people who lose rings don't bother to look for them after a month or two (abandoned) and it's yours to keep. I personally don't count them in the "pocket" until the craigslist ad expires. Just me. :)

GREAT FIND!

thanks for the tips!
Will do what you say.
I like seeing the grateful expression on the face of the owner!
Once, I was sought out, located, and I then detected and found a wedding band for a guy,
who rewarded me with all the cash he had on him - so, the wife and I went out to dinner that night! Woo hoo!
Love doing the right thing..., for a change! :laughing7:
 
My wife also says the same thing to me it's good they understand what we do, my wife is wearing a Victorian ring I found six years ago, so it benefits both of us, very nice nugget ring with Diamonds yah found, I nailed one two years ago congrats brother...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom