OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, that's kinda what I figured. I do watch your videos. I complimented you in the past. This one, like I said above, I was just curious. I even watched dectectorprosweden's vid as you mentioned. I'm from the other side of the pond and as much, tend to get confused pretty easily.

I also mentioned, above, that for all I knew you guys were friends.
I saw that they came along later to hunt the same area but I didn't know if it was just a reaction to you being there and digging all the good stuff. :)

Now, ya see why I get confused how my words get interpreted? :)

Good job on the vid as always and again, an excellent hunt!

HH!
No worries! I was a little bummed to come home from a great beach hunt to find so much negativity regarding my post. I hope you continue to follow our hunts and as always I look forward to hearing your positive comments. HH

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Quit rubbing that damn thing. :violent1:
Most of the coins are only 40, 60 and rarely 80% silver. Rubbing them isn't going to hurt MY coins. They are MY coins and I'll clean them how I choose!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries! I was a little bummed to come home from a great beach hunt to find so much negativity regarding my post. I hope you continue to follow our hunts and as always I look forward to hearing your positive comments. HH

Thanky sir. I'll be following.

But, I am seriously thinking the world might be better if I just contain my comments to my own posts and just click "likes" on the others that I enjoy.

At least it'll be quieter and I won't have to worry about being misunderstood as much. :dontknow:

HH! Keep up the good work.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grrr this is a rerun, I have watched this one before on youtube..... Still a nice vid though

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic discovery, I caught this the 1st time around and afterwards watched a good number of your vids. Thanks for the quality entertainment! :icon_thumright:

I was wondering, were the Danish and Norwegian coins more-or-less legal tender, or casually accepted as such, in Sweden (and vice-versa) back in the early 1900s?

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic discovery, I caught this the 1st time around and afterwards watched a good number of your vids. Thanks for the quality entertainment! :icon_thumright:

I was wondering, were the Danish and Norwegian coins more-or-less legal tender, or casually accepted as such, in Sweden (and vice-versa) back in the early 1900s?
Yes I think they might have been depending on the exchange rate. Today Swedish merchants will gladly accept Danish money because the Danish Krona is slightly more valuable. Thanks so much for your positive comment. Very nice to hear you enjoy following my hunts.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the explanation. I asked because you seem to find quite the mix of Scandinavian coins in your hunts in Sweden. My father and I collect silver from that area and I've handled plenty of the type coins you find, so it is great to see those familiar silver coins coming out of the ground and to learn about how they were used (and lost, heh) in the region. It's funny how such a volume of negativity was generated with this post. It is indeed the case that if any member if the unwelcome peanut gallery watched just 1 or 2 of your vids to the end, they would understand that you and your detecting buddies have a healthy, energizing and friendly rivalry which only spurs you all to get out and detect with enthusiasm. I'm just glad that an opinionated faction of folks here didn't start clamoring for you to locate the original owner of the purse and return it all to their vagrant great-grand-nephew or a similarly undeserving descendant, lol.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the explanation. I asked because you seem to find quite the mix of Scandinavian coins in your hunts in Sweden. My father and I collect silver from that area and I've handled plenty of the type coins you find, so it is great to see those familiar silver coins coming out of the ground and to learn about how they were used (and lost, heh) in the region. It's funny how such a volume of negativity was generated with this post. It is indeed the case that if any member if the unwelcome peanut gallery watched just 1 or 2 of your vids to the end, they would understand that you and your detecting buddies have a healthy, energizing and friendly rivalry which only spurs you all to get out and detect with enthusiasm. I'm just glad that an opinionated faction of folks here didn't start clamoring for you to locate the original owner of the purse and return it all to their vagrant great-grand-nephew or a similarly undeserving descendant, lol.

A worthy Banner Comment indeed!:occasion14:

Last edited:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen this video a week ago.good fined !.. tidetraveler don't be bothered by all the negative comments ..people LOVE to b!ct# and moan :cussing: :crybaby2::nono::protest:on this and all forums .. its just how some people are .it will get you more views on your video ... ...so let them CRY :crybaby2: lol .....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I get everything except what's with the white stuff on the ground? Nice hunt!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the coins are only 40, 60 and rarely 80% silver. Rubbing them isn't going to hurt MY coins. They are MY coins and I'll clean them how I choose!

Exactly like I was saying, everyone is your friend in Sweden. Such a lovely Country.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seen this posted a while back and was curious myself. Around here you don't jump on someone else site. Definitely not any of mine.
your kidding right? - you know how many permissions Ive lost (lost around where you hunt) because of guys seeing me hunting and figure they can too and then I get told i cant hunt there anymore because my "friends" came in and hunted with out permissions - I lost count
A friend of yours showed a pic here he probably should not have after making a good find - I know where he was hitting _im po'ed at myself because for years I wanted to get permission there and did not --but I was told by a friend that he knows a bunch of guys that lurk that told him they are going to go there with permission or not- they may even night hawk it - they are not as many with morals or ethics as you may think - if you look at the number of visitors - guests usually out # members 2 to 1 - those people are just looking for a place to poach

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of my comment about thumb rubbing , and other's comments about claim jumping , one thing we can all agree on is
what a special find you have here ! and I know it would be a standout find for the vast majority of us !!! I'm a little envious !

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a GREAT video! Too bad we have folks on here try to demean a great find such as this. That purse is one of the best finds I've viewed on here in a while. Congrats!

-Buck

NolanTheExplorer

May 11, 2011
Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, ProPointer, Ace 250, GTA 1250, Radio Shack Bounty Hunter, Eye Balls, Intuition, Instinct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
" you guys are good but I'm better"
Can you really say that considering you went to their YouTube page, watched where they were metal detecting and then found it on the map and hunted it yourself.
Being a good metal detectorist involves doing the research yourself in finding a good spot on your own. I don't think that you violated any code of metal detecting but you definitely did cut corners and owe somebody a big thanks.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,

Can I find a post on here that does not have constant childish bickering....?? ??? If you did not dig it or you did not post it then what business is it of yours to dictate other peoples actions or choices...?? :dontknow: If it does not directly effect your right to dig then stay out of it....!! No one owns *any land* or finds on that land as far as I'm concerned. Especially on public land, I'm so sick of people approaching me and asking if I should be doing this too, on public land.. :BangHead: Sorry about the continuous public upset, great finds congratulations !! :notworthy: Everyone should just take a step back...

Keep @ it and HH !!

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regardless of my comment about thumb rubbing , and other's comments about claim jumping , one thing we can all agree on is
what a special find you have here ! and I know it would be a standout find for the vast majority of us !!! I'm a little envious !
Thank you very much for coming back and giving a great positive comeback. I'm not accustomed to all this negativity. I get nothing but positive, friendly comments on my youtube channel.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow,

Can I find a post on here that does not have constant childish bickering....?? ??? If you did not dig it or you did not post it then what business is it of yours to dictate other peoples actions or choices...?? :dontknow: If it does not directly effect your right to dig then stay out of it....!! No one owns *any land* or finds on that land as far as I'm concerned. Especially on public land, I'm so sick of people approaching me and asking if I should be doing this too, on public land.. :BangHead: Sorry about the continuous public upset, great finds congratulations !! :notworthy: Everyone should just take a step back...

Keep @ it and HH !!

Thanks man! Well said. I'll be the first to take that step back by not responding to anymore negitive comments.

OP
OP
tidetraveler

tidetraveler

Nov 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a GREAT video! Too bad we have folks on here try to demean a great find such as this. That purse is one of the best finds I've viewed on here in a while. Congrats!

-Buck

Thanks for complimenting my video! It's a lot of work filming, editing and then, hehe responding to all the comments. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread