Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Re: Function generators + boosters (Only for Users) II

EE THr said:
architecad said:
EE THr said:
rocky---

Good point. Not many people fully understand Dr. Brown, anyway, and I must confess that I am one of them.

:coffee2:

??????????????????

Don't worry, Arch---I didn't expect you to catch that one anyway.

:laughing7:

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud
These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

You don't understand yourself, how you going to understand a Doctor?!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Arch

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

EE THr said:
architecad said:
Arch---

When working on a new project, criticism is one of your most valuable factors. It can prevent a person from making wrong assumptions and going down the wrong path, wasting lots of time and money.

But if a person believes his ideas are workable, and continues on his "bright idea" path, he should establish some landmark proofs for himself along the way, or he can end up out on a limb.

In my opinion, the very first proof one should establish for himself on the MFD idea, is that there is some kind of initial target signal, or a stimulated return signal, which can be electronically detected. This would not necessarily require high power in the transmitter. Even a target five or ten feet away could establish an identifiable signal of some kind. After that, it would just be a matter of increasing the range.

But if one plans on merely transmitting a strong signal, without verifying the best frequency first, and then using dowsing rods to try and sense a return signal, then he would just be right back to dowsing.

Also, there can't be a transmitter blasting at the same time that a receiver is tuned to the same frequency, or even a harmonic or subharmonic, because the transmitter will drown out any smaller signal returning from the target. That is very basic radio electronics knowledge, and just plain common sense, also. So even a very low powered experimental unit would need to handle that problem first, then test for the best frequency to get a useable return signal.

My opinion would be that shopping for a high powered transmitter would be putting the cart in front of the horse, because it has not been established yet exactly what frequency band would be needed.

What do you think about that?

Before to answer, I'm little confuse. You've stated here that you don't believe that a function generator can spread out or broadcast a signal underground. Is it true for you?.

Arch

And, although you promised to answer my question, you didn't. So that "promise" was another falsehood of yours.

You are really racking them up, Arch.

All of them properly quoted, as proof, too.

:nono:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't be a doof---show the proof! And quit complaining about the truth, the facts, and reality!

P.S. When will you man-up and take Carl's double-blind test, and collect the $25,000.00?
ref: Are LRLs More Than Just Dowsing?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

Arch---

As for the Doctor, there was a clue in this post. I guess you didn't bother to click the link which I provided, though---

EE THr said:
rockhound said:
Do you not know how to achieve dynamic alignment of the flux capacitor or are you just trying to test my knowledge on the subject. I am working on that solution right now. I know how to do it,but have to do some more calculations and experiments before I have a definitive absolute working system in place. I am designing all this as I go along. At some point I may have to reconsider some component values and make changes as situations require. I will not post the information until I get it all working. I wish I could just buy the circuit already built but it doesn't exist,at least as far as I can tell. It would save enormous time from scavenging or ordering components.Most of what I need will have to be ordered.I don't know what the timeframe is for getting the components once I have determined what all I need.This is a work in progress. rockhound

OK, but the alignment is really secondary to your main problem: You will need a full 1.21 GW to power it.

:sign13:

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.
"The level of sanity or insanity of the subject matter, determines the level of sanity or insanity of the two-way communication attainable in any discussion."

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

EE THr said:
Arch---

As for the Doctor, there was a clue in this post. I guess you didn't bother to click the link which I provided, though---

EE THr said:
rockhound said:
Do you not know how to achieve dynamic alignment of the flux capacitor or are you just trying to test my knowledge on the subject. I am working on that solution right now. I know how to do it,but have to do some more calculations and experiments before I have a definitive absolute working system in place. I am designing all this as I go along. At some point I may have to reconsider some component values and make changes as situations require. I will not post the information until I get it all working. I wish I could just buy the circuit already built but it doesn't exist,at least as far as I can tell. It would save enormous time from scavenging or ordering components.Most of what I need will have to be ordered.I don't know what the timeframe is for getting the components once I have determined what all I need.This is a work in progress. rockhound

OK, but the alignment is really secondary to your main problem: You will need a full 1.21 GW to power it.

A Dozen Points Proving LRL Fraud These points have never been rationally refuted.

The only link I click is this one;

Attachments

• DSCF3110.JPG
    DSCF3110.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCF3110.JPG
    DSCF3110.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 249

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

architecad said:

You can click all you want, but that won't test for micro-gold! Another false claim by the great Archie!

Maybe I should make a list of them all? :sign13:

Don't be a doof---show the proof! And quit complaining about the truth, the facts, and reality!

P.S. When will you man-up and take Carl's double-blind test, and collect the $25,000.00?

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used

EE THr said:
architecad said:

You can click all you want, but that won't test for micro-gold! Another false claim by the great Archie!

Challenge is on!

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

architecad said:
EE THr said:
architecad said:

Challenge is on!

You mean you're going to give me the $100K? Great! Thank you very much!

rwizard

Jul 13, 2011

I have only skimmed the posts in this topic, but it seems clear that the goal here is to accomplish the development of an electronics device without first cultivating the skills to achieve the goal. This isn't a criticism, just an observation. We all have to start somewhere. And while I am critical of the whole LRL arena, as long as it is just some guys messing around, and not somebody trying to part people from hard earned cash, well, have fun.

May I suggest you invest some time and effort mastering the fundamentals? I don't know if I can post links here, so I will just make some suggestions. For beginners, anything written by Forrest Mims would be helpful, and McGraw Hill publishes a number of electronics textbooks. You will need some math skills for some of this, and there are several books out there on math for electronics. All of these things are readily available from Amazon. Given your area of interest, I would also suggest reading a good physics textbook, and one or more of the excellent geophysics books in print.

And if, by any chance, you are attempting to evoke a phenomena related to the nuclear magnetic resonance of target materials, you are probably going to want to study how MRI machines work. A bit of cryogenics, superconductors, high energy magnetic fields (≥1T), weak signal amplification and processing, and a smattering of high energy physics might also contribute to understanding your goal and the related obstacles. If you develop a man portable device capable of doing this in the field, especially at some distance, you'll have already found your treasure trove. :wink:

If you undertake learning these things you will then soon know enough to attempt building the devices you have in mind. Of course, if you integrate this new fund of information and apply it, you may also conclude that there are better ways to use your knowledge which may bring you closer to your goals than anything "LRL-ish" could ever achieve.

In the meantime, your efforts to cobble together unrelated consumer devices in an effort to emulate a purpose built bit of nonsensical kit have some of us entertained, amused, and shaking our heads in disbelief. It is up to you whether you want to make the leap from sideshow to science. I hope you will give it a shot.

Neither function generators nor amplifiers to follow them are beyond what a dedicated hobbyist can learn to design and build, but neither annoying the clerks at Radio Shack on a daily basis, nor playing "blind leading the blind" here on the forum, will get you there. :wink:

Regards, and Good Luck.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

EE THr said:
rockhound said:

It was never the original poster's goal to develop anything other than some gullible people following someone they thought was somewhat knowledgable in electronics.

As can be seen in the above post, he wasn't even close to that.

It was fun though!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Architecad, I have still been pretty busy here and not had much time to build the device. Once I get time I will build and test it and then, and only then,will I tell what I have done. Be patient until I can get it all done.I have done most of the calculations and am ready to order the components I need to get started. I have had an unexpected death in the family and have had to put everything on hold for a while.I am not sure when I can get back to a regular schedule because of the events taking place. Good Luck. rockhound

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California

They have no shame.

Their motto is, "Just keep talking, and eventually somebody will believe you."

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rockhound said:
Hey Arch,I talked to two physicists,a mathematician and and EE last night. We had a good discussion about several of the difficulties that would need to be addressed before constructing a system with much range. I didn't really learn much but all my suspicions were confirmed. Now,all I need to do is put it all together. I will have to crunch some numbers and do a mock setup at close range to establish the resonant frequency. Once that is done,the rest will be a cinch to build the device with the correct frequency ranges and set it up for greater distance. One physicists did know more about the actual application of such a device because of his hobby as a HAM radio operator. His input was far above the others who only could state principles. None had ever engaged in such an endeavor ,and most had ties with or taught at universities.It never ceases to amaze me at the level of knowledge that some achieve over their peers,even with the same training and instruction. The few,who dare to think outside the box,they are the ones I like to talk to.Their openmindedness and calm and calculated demeanor is refreshing and inspirational. I am not against science or the EE's here.I know they have paid their dues and believe what they were taught to be the only logical scientific solution to addressing the subject we are all so fond of. I very much like science and love a scientific challenge. I would like to have a chance to build and test one and its parameters before posting imore information about it. It could take a few days or a week,but when I get it all worked out,I will let my friends on here have the information to build their own. I will try to keep it as simple as possible.From what I had confirmed by them,it is not really all that hard,but some steps need to be adhered to to make it work. They said,not only is it feasible but could be easily done with the right equipment. Good Luck. rockhound

Im a Ham, (KD5YQF) My Dad was a Ham, (K5KIO) (Silent Key) and A military Pilot, with extensive radio background, my GF is a ham..Instead of normal toys, I grew up playing with VTVM's, and VOM's, Tube Testers, Signal Generators, and Tracers, Scopes...Etc....When I was a kid I thought everyone had Variacs, and massive powers supply's in their garages.Ive seen a lot of home made stuff including an amp my Dad made with a pair of 4-1000A's....I wish you the best of luck, but just do not see this working out as easily as you might think...Just the power issue for range is going to be a problem, also, not sure what Freq's you are talking about, but the FCC frowns on people using spectrum outside its intended use..(Not that I care, or think you would ever get in any trouble)..Anyway best of luck, keep us posted on the progress....

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Just read your post. I haven't had much time to do the actual building yet. Too much on my plate right now. Shortly hoping to get time to do the construction and testing.
I know from experience that what is on paper not always works in real life situations, and I suspect this is another one of those situations. After doing all the calcualtions and designing a system to accomplish this, it is all just specualtion until assembled and tested. What I am about to do has been done before but the schematics were destroyed, on purpose. The man who did it, did so as a proposition from some businessmen, who wanted to find out if any gold was overlooked in a closed gold mine. The deal was that if any gold was found, he would have a share of it. After designing and testing the unit, he gave it to them. He had already found some gold with it, but even though he had a signed contract, he didn't fully trust them. Instead of making it a long range detector, he reduced the power to limit its range. He didn't hear from them for about a month, then when he called them, they claimed they didn't find anything. He told them to bring back his device so he could retune it for them, but they refuse to do so. He intended to destroy it, and I suppose they knew it. The frequencies are the most tricky part of the system, trying to stay within the FCC limits. There is a very small window between two commonly used frequency ranges that is suitable, but not ideal. In dealing with this type of device, it is hard to know who to trust. In closing I would like to say that whether I succeed or not depends somewhat on whether I can access the frequencies I want and stay inside the FCC rules. It may not be feasible to use in a populated area because of interference to other communication systems. Good Luck. rockhound

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

Hey rockhound...You may want to look into VHF signals...There were many treasure hunters doing experiments with VHF signals years ago...They were happy with what they learned bur the FCC was not. That last article I read stated that the law prohibited them from being sold........Frequencies 5-388MHz ..Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

~EE~
They have no shame.
Their motto is, "Just keep talking, and eventually somebody will believe you."
You are correct EE...Skeptics are not ashamed of their tactics...Art

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005

Art, the specific frequency needed to be used is between the AM and FM band. But in that narrow gap there is much interference. You can theoretically use any frequency but to obtain absolute discrimination from unwanted ferrous metals, you only have a small window of frequencies. Just like a notch discrimination on a handheld detector. This is the reason some LRL's don't work as good as others. Some will pick up ferrous metals close by. I don't think most LRL manufacturers test all their units before shipping them out. They have to be precisely tuned. The only reason I am going to build this MFD unit is to prove it can be done. A function generator doesn't produce enough power to send a very long range signal, although you really need one to determine the actual frequency of your unit. You could add a booster to the signal and make it more powerful, but it still may not be powerful enough. The transmitting frequency is important if you are trying to discriminate between gold and ferrous metals. The signal has to be in resonance to create a standing wave. This is the only way to reflect a signal to be picked up by the reciever. I know a man who built one which ran on microwave frequencies. It worked but was very dangerous and he abandonded it after getting splitting headaches from it. The unit I am using now is only accurate to a quarter mile, at most, and that is on a very large target. Hopefully the one I am building will have far more range and accuracy. I will, from time to time, come back and give you all a progress report. It may be a while before I am on here again. Good Luck. rockhound

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

By "booster", do you mean a Linear Amplifier??? BTW, there is quite a large gap in freq's between common AM, and FM if you are talking about Radio, and not emission types...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread