What's new

Funny looking bell thingy???

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
Found at an old home site where we were getting coins from the early 1900's
Looks as if it was gold plated once??
Dime for size

Tim
 

Attachments

  • DSC04676.webp
    DSC04676.webp
    37 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC04677.webp
    DSC04677.webp
    109.6 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC04680.webp
    DSC04680.webp
    92.7 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC04685.webp
    DSC04685.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 286
Screws onto the top of an old parasol / unmbrella like a finial.

I dunno - just guessing.
 
Upvote 0
What gets me is the little eye on the side :icon_scratch:

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Interesting all right :icon_study:


Mike
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
What gets me is the little eye on the side :icon_scratch:

Tim

Actually, that's why I thought Umbrella... I have one with a little eyelet on the top, and the bottom that can unhook in a hurry, it's so you can run a rope/string to each and carry it across your back for convenience.
 
Upvote 0
Actually, that's why I thought Umbrella... I have one with a little eyelet on the top, and the bottom that can unhook in a hurry, it's so you can run a rope/string to each and carry it across your back for convenience.

Got a pic?????


Tim
 
Upvote 0
ok, i am weird, i think it is an old candle holder...Christmas decoration...missing the alligator clip
 
Upvote 0
But what's with the 'bottle -opener' top bit?
 
Upvote 0
that is where the alligator clip would go...the ring on the side for tinsel?
 
Upvote 0
I thought it might be to hold down piece that held the shade on a lamp.
 
Upvote 0
Old River said:
I thought it might be to hold down piece that held the shade on a lamp.

Yeh, lamp or lantern was my first thought, but :icon_scratch:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Old River said:
I thought it might be to hold down piece that held the shade on a lamp.

that was my first thought..but i have seen strange little Christmas ornaments...screw the candle down into the holder...clip on tree.
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
Actually, that's why I thought Umbrella... I have one with a little eyelet on the top, and the bottom that can unhook in a hurry, it's so you can run a rope/string to each and carry it across your back for convenience.

Got a pic?????


Tim

It's an eye screwed into wood... thats all.

I like the christmas decoration idea MUCH better!
 
Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
doublet2a said:
Actually, that's why I thought Umbrella... I have one with a little eyelet on the top, and the bottom that can unhook in a hurry, it's so you can run a rope/string to each and carry it across your back for convenience.

Got a pic?????


Tim

It's an eye screwed into wood... thats all.

I like the christmas decoration idea MUCH better!

Jim, you could Draw a pic. ;D :wink:



"the counter weights were made of molded clay or lead" :icon_scratch: This object is brass.


This one could be a tough one.



-Buckles

I
 
Upvote 0
Looks sorta like a lampshade finial.. does any of the other sides look like it had a metal piece on it like the one side?
The bottle opener top does look different like something was meant to be twisted on and off..
J2
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom