What's new

Garage sale find!

Thank you!!! [emoji1] Wonder what it goes for [emoji23]

The bronze ones go for several thousand dollars.
The lack of info on Gorham making silver statues indicates to me that it may have been commissioned piece. meaning not mass produced, but made for special order.
I've had that happen with a Royal Derby porcelain piece that I spent years trying to find another. There wasn't one. I sold it to a Royal Derby museum in England.
I'd seek info from one of the big boy auction houses. No wait. No I wouldn't. Id sell it to a nice guy on Tnet and double my money...

If that was from a Fl yard sale, I'm not surprised. So many retirees take their heirlooms and valuable with them to the south, and no ones around when they pass.
 
Upvote 0
The bronze ones go for several thousand dollars.
The lack of info on Gorham making silver statues indicates to me that it may have been commissioned piece. meaning not mass produced, but made for special order.
I've had that happen with a Royal Derby porcelain piece that I spent years trying to find another. There wasn't one. I sold it to a Royal Derby museum in England.
I'd seek info from one of the big boy auction houses. No wait. No I wouldn't. Id sell it to a nice guy on Tnet and double my money...

If that was from a Fl yard sale, I'm not surprised. So many retirees take their heirlooms and valuable with them to the south, and no ones around when they pass.

Can’t thank you enough for all this info! You guys here on T-Net are amazing. Really can’t wait to find the back story on them.
 
Upvote 0
Awesome! I have 2 of them actually, they seem to be book ends. .
Yep. Everything I've read says the bronze were originally book ends.
The one one eBay (not Gorham. P. King foundry) is listed for 10 grand. But it's been sitting there a while with no buyers.
 
Upvote 0
I have the exact same set! Of the canisters in the background of your photo. Seriously. I do. Great canisters, don't you think?
 
Upvote 0
Primo JKD! Their candlesticks that high are priced significantly so I know this piece is worth some cash. I'd have to guess $325 or more.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom