Garret 350 pro

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ace 350 is a good machine.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If its your first one be happy! It's way better that the radio shack or harbor freight MDs that a lot of people start out with.

It's pretty decent, not the fastest recovery speed MD out there, so it forces you to slow down and really listen to what's in the ground- I think this is a good thing though- part of the learning curve!

It has decent depth and its a good looking MD too. The Kellyco website has a really nice comparison chart where you can compare and contrast any MD to another- it has a lot of specs and info even if you didn't want a direct comparison!

Welcome to the hobby and happy hunting!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its your first one be happy! It's way better that the radio shack or harbor freight MDs that a lot of people start out with.

It's pretty decent, not the fastest recovery speed MD out there, so it forces you to slow down and really listen to what's in the ground- I think this is a good thing though- part of the learning curve!

It has decent depth and its a good looking MD too. The Kellyco website has a really nice comparison chart where you can compare and contrast any MD to another- it has a lot of specs and info even if you didn't want a direct comparison!

Welcome to the hobby and happy hunting!

+1 on this aswell, welcome its a fun hobby it can be Very addictive lol but fun. The detector you have id decent & will find many great things. Most important id have fun, dont get involved with all the hype of to get finds you need a $2-4000 detector. Not true yours will produce for you, those others are good dont get me wrong but they dont make items apear, alot if finds are 2"-6" & ull get that. My advice take it as you want.
-learn your machine, read the manual,watch youtube vids anything that will benefit you.
-you will need a decent digger. & a pouch for you finds & trash
-practice digging plugs so to leave no evidence places u have dug
-mayb invest in a smaller coil if you are goin to trashy park sites ect
-

Your on the right track, this site has alot of great people always willing to help, if I can let me know ill do my best

OP
OP
nt5296

nt5296

Aug 29, 2013
+1 on this aswell, welcome its a fun hobby it can be Very addictive lol but fun. The detector you have id decent & will find many great things. Most important id have fun, dont get involved with all the hype of to get finds you need a $2-4000 detector. Not true yours will produce for you, those others are good dont get me wrong but they dont make items apear, alot if finds are 2"-6" & ull get that. My advice take it as you want. -learn your machine, read the manual,watch youtube vids anything that will benefit you. -you will need a decent digger. & a pouch for you finds & trash -practice digging plugs so to leave no evidence places u have dug -mayb invest in a smaller coil if you are goin to trashy park sites ect - Your on the right track, this site has alot of great people always willing to help, if I can let me know ill do my best
you said invest in a small coil. Why will that help with places that have trash? And thanks for the info

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using a smaller coil, yes it will take longer to cover an área,but with that smaller coil there will be less items under it letting you more precisly get the good stuff. A bigger coil in a trashy área you may Miss those good targets cuz everywhere your swinging your hitting trash & its maskin the good,use a smaller one less targets under coil, & you can also get closer to say bleachers,ah chain fences ect. Thats why you'll see them.named sniper coils in your circumstance with the machine your using

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
While its not a sniper coil which would be welcome to try out around metal bleachers,guardrails,fences ect. The 5x8 elliptical DD coil can be run on the 350 as a compromise. Dialed down a bit it can get closer than 8.5x11 just due to size. Found to be lighter the 5x8 is my main coil for park hunting. It seems to "catch " a peek at an item that has other items close to it better, instead of mixed stuff here alerts/tones. Unless you have very heavy mineralization in your soil or ginormous electrical interference where you hunt a 350 should be fine.I have run one for years and its still agreeable. Like other detectors,cars and weather there will all ways be folks who prefer something different. That,s nothing new. Its good at detecting a variety and can be adjusted to favor certain preferences. Though learning it in all metal mode not a bad choice and tweaking it more after learning its potential and as all units have limits. Or after running it a few hours and wanting to try for coins and jewelry try it in jewelry mode with a couple bars of iron knocked out,(though you will still hear a tone as they get nulled as you pass over them,not a bad thing ) and sensitivity a couple notches from maximum, if your soil and conditions will tolerate such a setting,and dig high tones . Any you can get to repeat above lowest foil that you learned from digging. Your going to dig stuff your not after or your going to miss something. Time running your 350 will increase knowledge of what target is before seeing it bye your eye BUT, gold rings up similar to pull tab or foil! So it exists in some place because someone did not want to dig lots of pulltabs or foil. That,s o.k.. in time you can create a setting and plan for preferred hunting of certain targets or hunt and dig every thing or something in the middle,even all in the same day. Your gift can be a introduction into activity that goes far beyond using it alone.,History, research,learning people skills,maps,places close you never really noticed before, and on and on. Have fun!

Last edited:

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well spoken Releventchair.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread