What's new

Garrett SUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
njnydigger said:
The ONLY thing I use of theirs is the propointer (which is phenomenal), however, glad I never DID use any of their products before. Never WILL for that matter either.

I've had my propointer almost (3) years now. I lost the black holster thing that attaches to my belt a looooong time ago. Since that time, I've just been sticking my propointer in my finds pouch - simple fix & convenient. However, the propointer has a nasty habit of falling out of the pouch. I've lost my propointer in the woods before & let me tell you...it ain't fun finding it :BangHead: Called Kellyco and asked if they had any in stock. They said that the holsters only come with the propointer. So, next idea was to call Garrett directly. Surely they would have one I can purchase separately. Spoke to a very nice lady there and said she'd have to check for me. I called back later and they did indeed sell them separately...

For a whopping $30.00!!! Is that insane or what?!?! I had every intention of purchasing one. Figured a replacement would be $5, maybe $10...but $30 for a little black holster. Give me a break :spam4:
There's an old saying Mr. Garrett...

"Take care of the customer and the business will take care of itself". Highway robbery is NOT taking care of the customer :stop:

Thanks for nothing :thumbsup:
There is another well known quote out there. "Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you"!
 
Dozens of ways to skin a cat.
Dozens of ways to deal with a lost holster.

While $30 is high for a holster, they may not sell enough separately to charge less.

I'd also check police/fire equipment sites for all the various belt holders...Pretty soon you'll have to have a 60" waist to be a cop with all the equipment they have to carry on their belts anymore....

As for me, I'd just make a new holster out of leather.
 
Lets do a review of what we have learned:
You lost your holster.
You lost your pinpointer.
You don't have the skills to improvise another method of carrying a pinpointer.
Garrett sucks.
 
Nuff said. :wink:
I think I would have put a "wanted to buy" classified ad on here, someone wouldve been glad to help out.
 
.
 

Attachments

  • waaaa.webp
    waaaa.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 873
The button on the carrying case is metal. Retrace your steps and find it with your metal detector!
 
Gees,

I thought it was an ace 2 fiddy complaint.

No

any company that doesn't give you a cover for the loop on purchase ,yanks my chain. or you

buy there loop for 250.00 bucks and it still doesn't come with a cover.

what is the deal.

I can see if you had to replace one.

but from the get go.

does tesoro detectors come with loop covers.

or is it an option like every other company.

..........................................................................................liftloop.......................................
 
If I worked at the Garrett factory then I wouldn't worry to much about people thinking,'Garrett sucks' when they couldn't hang onto their equipment.
That's like blaming the weather man for the snow on the Christmas day parade. :BangHead: :tongue3: ??? :o
 
I love my Propointer. I had it more than three years now. "Don't leave home without it". The holster? Who cares. Why not juryrig one of those spring loaded key chains and just "zip" it in without losing it? In fact go to ACME and have them make you a real big one so you won't lose your way back to the car. Caution, do not try this without a helmit. I love my Garretts!
 
njnydigger said:
lookindown said:
If you had bought Garrett detectors instead of the overpriced ones you have you could afford the holster.

True, but if I did that I'd never find anything. Toys are for kids, grown-ups use REAL machines :laughing7:

Whining about a ridiculous accessory that you can easily make yourself or find a simple alternative for is for kids. Grown-ups don't bash an entire product line due to the price of a ridiculous accessory that they can easily make themselves or find a simple alternative for.
 
Well I have to say did you call your local dealer? I sell them for around $14 dollars. I had a fellow who lost his or whatever. I ordered some in from Garrett. Support your local dealer. I can't imagine one charging $30.00 for one.
Well You can buy any thing from a dealer cheaper than you can the company that makes them...... The reason is the company at this thme is Garrett...... Want's you to buy from there dealers not from them..... In order to give the dealers business............. I thought every one knew that.................
 
Police uniform and equipment stores have a large selection of belt-mounted, black nylon gear used to hold batons, flashlights, etc... I would take the pinpointer down there and get one that fits for half the price. Sub
 
I've heard only good things about the Garrett Pinpointer but I love my Sunray and if I lose that it means I lost the entire detector.

I just have to figure out a way not to lose my Lesche digger...I'm on number 3 or 4. If I was not so stubborn I would use the sheath but I hate trying to get it in there when mud is all over the blade.

NJ
 
Find a law enforcement supply store nearby and buy a baton holster.
 
Find a law enforcement supply store nearby and buy a baton holster.

I was thinking a hammer ring that slips on your belt may work and easier to obtain.

NJ
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom