What's new

George II HP cast in Pewter/Lead

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all!
I went over to 'Everything Beach', you never know what will come up next at this target dense area.
It's a prime spot for Sterling flatware, that's what I was hoping for.
got 4 pieces, none sterling. ::)
Cool WWI Gunner toy,
sideplate from a very popular pocketknife, got lots of this style..
Handmade padlock, shackle stamped '50 G'.
Pewter Brooch with most of its 'Diamonds' intact.
Hunting here at low tide, you have no access to water, (except what forms in your footsteps), so a lot of mudcaked targets get pocketed with no idea of what they are.
this is my 6th cast Copy, I say pewter because of the edge flaking, though it is likely high in lead content.
Very thin, correct diameter at 29mm, weight is also close to the low end of geniune strikes at 128 grains, (Late G2s ranged from 130-160 grains :icon_scratch: )
This site is pretty far from the lead works where most of the other copies were found.
I think these were made as 'bag fillers' as using any of them singly would show an obvious fake.
Anyway, this find made the hunt most worthwhile :hello2:
Thanks for looking And Best digs to you all! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 06-25 001.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 001.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 805
  • NH FINDS 06-25 002.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 002.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 761
  • NH FINDS 06-25 003.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 003.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 781
  • NH FINDS 06-25 004.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 004.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 782
  • NH FINDS 06-25 007.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 007.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 769
  • NH FINDS 06-25 014.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 014.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 762
  • NH FINDS 06-25 009.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 009.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 766
  • NH FINDS 06-25 010.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 010.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 775
  • NH FINDS 06-25 011.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 011.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 761
  • NH FINDS 06-25 013.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 013.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 764
  • NH FINDS 06-25 012.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 012.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 763
  • NH FINDS 06-25 006.webp
    NH FINDS 06-25 006.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 755
Upvote 0
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
cool finds :icon_thumright:
*as soon as the word "counterfeit" IronPatch comes a runnin hahaha :laughing7:


But he didn't say "the bun is different," so what brings you here? :wink:
hahaha, well ive been gone for a long time because i have had alot of important school stuff this year, like SAT's and AP exams and stuff, but now that schools out i have time so im just browsing at the momment, see whats been goin on :P


oh, and I was the first target on your list huh? ;D

Remember you're just going to school so not that smart yet! :laughing7:
 
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
Iron Patch said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
cool finds :icon_thumright:
*as soon as the word "counterfeit" IronPatch comes a runnin hahaha :laughing7:


But he didn't say "the bun is different," so what brings you here? :wink:
hahaha, well ive been gone for a long time because i have had alot of important school stuff this year, like SAT's and AP exams and stuff, but now that schools out i have time so im just browsing at the momment, see whats been goin on :P


oh, and I was the first target on your list huh? ;D

Remember you're just going to school so not that smart yet! :laughing7:
I know, I know hahaha, and it has been too long to not take this opportunity ;)
 
Iron Patch said:
steelheadwill said:
Thanks Iron Patch And Slasher ;D
I may pull that G3 and put some new pix in a whatsit post...
The date could be 75 or 76 to my eyes,
Let me see if I have an decent reverse pic on file.
Slasher, I can't help with your Conn, Having an period state repro is a prize for sure!
BTW, I welcome others pix on my threads, anything having to do with the discussion, nicer examples, similar finds, All are good! ;D


I think you have a 1775. Many 6s kinda look like 5s. Even a 1776 wouldn't necessarily be a rare coin but would definitely be one to follow up.
Thanks IP,
I am still 'Going to school' myself,
greatly appreciate your input! ;D
Good to hear from you jdsarasin, Keep up with School, but diggin is important too.
Priorities :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom