George Washington Inagural Button Albert #W1-17A Wreath & Star RRR YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
George Washington Inagural Button Albert #W1-17A Wreath & Star RRR YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went Detecting with my Son South Jersey Jim and my other Son Ryan today at the Field of Legends. The targets are getting fewer and fewer but there is still alot there to be found. We were finding buttons and I did manage another copper ring and another ring that is very old and not sure if it is silver or not. I ended up with 25 buttons. I decided to hit another spot of the other field we have been detecting and started to find some buttons. Well what happened next just about blew me away. I got a signal and dug down and pulled out a button and all I saw was long live... well I knew what the rest of it was going to say and just started to holler and scream and act like a total idiot really:) I was screaming to my son that I found a George Washington Inagural Button but he was to far away so I called him. I wasn't going to post this tonight because I am tired but Jim called me and told me all about the button and how rare it is and I got a new jump start:) These fields are so laden with great things that we are going to be spoiled for any other field that we detect. We will be saying, "Remember those fields we hit last Winter." I am overwhelmed with the good finds and I hope there is more good stuff to come. God forbid what happens when they plow these fields. Jim was finding a couple of deep Large cents and Ryan found a cut silver 3 cent piece. Who in their right mind would cut a 3 cent piece is beyone me:) Wow Wow Wow is all I can say!!! It has been one heck of a ride. Arty if you are reading this Ryan found your prescription Ray Bans you lost:)

Attachments

• March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 002.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 002.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 906
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 003.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 003.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 004.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 004.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 838
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 006.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 006.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 806
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 007.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 007.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 839
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 008.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 008.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 830
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 009.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 009.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 814
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 011.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 011.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 749
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 010.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 010.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 783
Upvote 26

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn......Then I should have made the banner 3 more times!? I want you as a moderator on this site! :headbang: I wonder,(quite often I might add), as to what the "powers that be", are thinking about when they post some of the sketchy banner finds. Whereas, some are passed over, for god knows why, and are more rare and valuable than the more common finds that are awarded banner. VERY, VERY, STRANGE!

Maybe I should not comment further, because I will very emphatically say that I would not want the job! :occasion18:

But I will add that I definitely would have put your buttons on the banner, as well as some Rev War. I think the people who choose the banner finds do the best they can't, and maybe be more of what they have to work with. If you don't pay much attention to this stuff you don't realize something like a Rev War plate is probably 100 times rarer than many of the Civil War ones we see posted. With that in mind, I've seen some of those common plates up there, yet the half the 53rd recently posted probably gets very little consideration because of the condition.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO
STILL IP THOUGH! LOL

I guess I pay too little attention because I don't even recall posting in the same thread as you on anything, and obviously I did. But like Romney said... "I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was."

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I guess I pay too little attention because I don't even recall posting in the same thread as you on anything, and obviously I did. But like Romney said... "I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was."

Good enough

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Goldi Congrats on one AWESOME GW button it for sure BANNER WORTHY. It should be up there. But we all know that and in my book that counts more then having a few decide it should be. Besides the button is all yours and no one can take that from you. :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn......Then I should have made the banner 3 more times!? I want you as a moderator on this site! :headbang: I wonder,(quite often I might add), as to what the "powers that be", are thinking about when they post some of the sketchy banner finds. Whereas, some are passed over, for god knows why, and are more rare and valuable than the more common finds that are awarded banner. VERY, VERY, STRANGE!
That's not actually a bad Idea about IP, or better still a Banner comittee with IP on it....Bloody shame this find and this one never made banner :BangHead: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/339276-colonial-copper-kinda-day.html

SS

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys im saddened to say this today but Mom (GoldiLocks) has passed after a lengthy battle with cancer. I would like to bring this post back up top and make it a banner find in her honor. I know it belongs up there. So if we could all put a good vote in for it it would mean the world to me and everyone else who knew her!

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I and Jim are revisiting this post to let the metal detecting community know that Goldirocks, my friend, and hunting buddy has past after a bout with cancer. Dianne Toogood was a contributor of many stories in the Eastern Western Treasure magazines. She could hunt from daybreak till dawn and not miss a beat, what a trooper, and her cookies were the best.
I'm asking the metal detecting community to make this well deserved George Washington inaugural button fly high in memory of Dianne. Thanks all. Art

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Vote is going in now! May she continue to guide her friends and family to the best spots in the fields!

Looking back I see I also voted Banner on March 18, 2013. Maybe the mods will make an exception in this case and let me vote twice!!

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My condolences. I'm sure she's in a better place and has already dug some hammered silver and gold. And lots of Celtic relics;)

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a chance to meet her at an organized hunt in Culpeper, VA quite a few years ago. I didn't get to know her real well, but ran into her several times during the 3 day hunt, and each time was a pleasure.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear that Jim. I will certainly miss the SJJ and Goldilocks team finds (you too Arty).

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the wide assortment button finds! :notworthy:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
My condolences.

Not sure how a GW button escaped making banner in the first place, but my BANNER vote is in.

HH,
Brian

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a bit before my time on Tnet but that's an incredible find for what sounds like an incredible person. As rare and amazing as this button is a genuine passionate person with a big heart seems to be the bigger rarity these days. I'm sorry for your loss to all of you that had a personal connection. This find on its own was a no brainer BANNER in the first place. I'm more than happy to place a deserving vote

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions