What's new

George Washington Token.

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen this before, cannot seem to find any info on this.
I just found it and have not tried any cleaning yet..
Any info would be appreciated.
George.
 

Attachments

  • 1450466719693.webp
    1450466719693.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 1450466735439.webp
    1450466735439.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 22
I like that George. Send it to me and I'll do some research on it. Nice save!
 
This is one of a group of game counters produced by Ludwig Christian Lauer in Nuremburg, Germany in the mid to late 1860's. The image of Washington is based on an 1817 print by Giuseppe Longhi know in Germany through a copy engraved by G.G. Felsing in 1824. The Latin motto on the reverse translates as "Strength in unity"
There are many varieties of this token.

Don.....
 
This is one of a group of game counters produced by Ludwig Christian Lauer in Nuremburg, Germany in the mid to late 1860's. The image of Washington is based on an 1817 print by Giuseppe Longhi know in Germany through a copy engraved by G.G. Felsing in 1824. The Latin motto on the reverse translates as "Strength in unity"
There are many varieties of this token.

Don.....

What is the back supposed to look like Don?
 
Cool find.... one to get your heart going I'm sure. :) Half the fun is the rush, even if it doesn't turn out to be something crazy rare.
 

This is one of a group of game counters produced by Ludwig Christian Lauer in Nuremburg, Germany in the mid to late 1860's. The image of Washington is based on an 1817 print by Giuseppe Longhi know in Germany through a copy engraved by G.G. Felsing in 1824. The Latin motto on the reverse translates as "Strength in unity"
There are many varieties of this token.

Don.....

Thank you guys..
Now I will clean it up some.
 
Cool find.... one to get your heart going I'm sure. :) Half the fun is the rush, even if it doesn't turn out to be something crazy rare.

Agreed.
I found some other things today,ill post later. One I pretty excited over till I got home and see good ol, George and then got excited all over again. Lol
 
At least you got the cool one with the eagle.
 
Neat find George!
 
Pretty cool one George. Dare I ask...in Germantown?
 
Pretty cool one George. Dare I ask...in Germantown?

Ha, that's funny Dave
Nice find George, never know what your going to find. I like it.
 
Pretty cool George W token, it gets the blood a pumping finding different things.
 
Vino,

Good score on the token....always fun finding the unusual items.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Nope.. were you found your oldest silver!!! Lol

That place is Still producing? You have had at least 4 or 5 people besides yourself there? I would imagine right now would be the best time to give it a try too. Less traffic through it.
 
Stellar find vino!
 
Cool find!
I'm sure you had a "nitro moment" with all day lingering effects after getting that one!
 
You had me going for a while with that token George, but still a very unique find. Hope she cleans up nice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom