What's new

Glass Wing Bolt?

ac385

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ga
Does anyone know where this glass bolt may have come from?
 

Attachments

  • resize.webp
    resize.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 435
Neon sign, very cool! I'm not sure what it was doing in my yard but the original portion of my home is pre civil war so I find lots of odd stuff. I found this bolt about 4 inches down while planting a flower. Before I found the bolt I ran into a sheet of glass about 2'x2' and had to remove all of that. I'm not sure why but I find glass wherever I dig in the yard, anything from plate glass to shards of bottles and jars.
 
Upvote 0
So it actually an insulator,, right??
I new you guys new that :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


Tim
 
Upvote 0
ac385 said:
Neon sign, very cool! I'm not sure what it was doing in my yard but the original portion of my home is pre civil war so I find lots of odd stuff. I found this bolt about 4 inches down while planting a flower. Before I found the bolt I ran into a sheet of glass about 2'x2' and had to remove all of that. I'm not sure why but I find glass wherever I dig in the yard, anything from plate glass to shards of bottles and jars.
Early Post Civil War flashing neon sign saying.........
"General Stonewall Jackson".....slept here. :laughing7:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Stonewall_Jackson_Hotel_sign.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Always wear leather gloves and consider your property an "enterprise" of some sort. Home, hotel, business, etc. That much glass means lots of windows. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
doublet2a said:
So it actually an insulator,, right??
I new you guys new that :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:


Tim
SWR knew it. Heres what it says about the glass neon insulator:

Here are two small neon standoff insulators. These are about two inches long and screw into holes in the metal to mount the neon tubing (Ties with wire to the head).
 

Attachments

  • glass insulator neon3.webp
    glass insulator neon3.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
Hah! Nice Stonewall Jackson sign and yes, I always wear gloves when digging in my yard. I don't think that I have ever dug without finding some form of glass.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom