What's new

God Bless the USA

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
It makes me feel so patriotic :)
Please take the next 3:28 to watch if you love America :)


 
Dano, if you as a brit, living in Sweden are so bored about Americans who enjoy and appreciate their county, why couldn't you just look at another thread? Does your comment somehow make you feel superior? Are you just stirring the pot?

It that's the best you can do with your posts then I don't think you have an appropriate understanding of the down to earth folks who were born here, live here, and love this country. I had to make myself go look at your recent posts. In my opinion, not that my opinion is worth anything, you add nothing of benefit to the site or its users in at least 80% of your posts that I looked at.

I don't believe the 'British dry humor' is a sufficient excuse to mostly attempt to put down others.

If you find this response offensive, then it pleases me to have made it.

Thank you for the opportunity.
 
I'm a bit thicker skinned than you translucent skinned Americans on this kind of subject. It takes a LOT more to even attempt to offend me mate!
It's a "forum". Forums are for opinions. I give mine...is all.
Sure, i like a decent fight/argument, and sure i like to stir the pot a little sometimes.If that offends you..as my other posts seem to, then it shows you're still alive and have opinions of your own. I feel that's a good thing..right?

Does it make me feel superior? Lol, no, it passes time and gets things off my chest is all. Excessive patriotism gets on my nerves,and as you state, i contribute very little to the members of this forum...in my opinion this kind of stuff does likewise!
I've just wrote a post in the "politics" forum about all this, In the "hate speech" thread, so can't be bothered explaining again here.Go see or don't...either way works for me.

Yes i can just ignore posts...same as you could have ignored me and not responded,but you felt i NEEDED to be told and disciplined...welcome to my world! :wink:
 
Dano, what is the significance of your display pic? (or avatar as some folks say)
 
Originally (on yahoo)..It was a knee jerk reaction to all the US flag and eagle avatars. Nowadays i use it to try get across that i'm British and not Swedish. Also it saves me searching for a new avatar when joining sites.Call me "lazy"!
Nothing to do with patriotism. :wink:
 
I'd rather be Swedish...cuter ladies.
I'm also starting to understand your attitude toward us Yanks. Still bitter? C'mon man, let the past go.
 
There's a lot of ugly Swedish chicks here too. Yeah i know,it brought my dreams of living in a gorgeous blonde paradise crashing down in flames too! :laughing9:

What do i have to be bitter about to Americans for the past? :icon_scratch:
 
Dano Sverige said:
I'm a bit thicker skinned than you translucent skinned Americans on this kind of subject. It takes a LOT more to even attempt to offend me mate!
It's a "forum". Forums are for opinions. I give mine...is all.
Sure, i like a decent fight/argument, and sure i like to stir the pot a little sometimes.If that offends you..as my other posts seem to, then it shows you're still alive and have opinions of your own. I feel that's a good thing..right?

Does it make me feel superior? Lol, no, it passes time and gets things off my chest is all. Excessive patriotism gets on my nerves,and as you state, i contribute very little to the members of this forum...in my opinion this kind of stuff does likewise!
I've just wrote a post in the "politics" forum about all this, In the "hate speech" thread, so can't be bothered explaining again here.Go see or don't...either way works for me.

Yes i can just ignore posts...same as you could have ignored me and not responded,but you felt i NEEDED to be told and disciplined...welcome to my world! :wink:

Hey I like having thin skin. The nurses never miss a vein and with the aid of your average flashlight my doc can avoid exposing me to all those harmful rays with the x-ray machine. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • cat.webp
    cat.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 274
Colorado, I was just going to play the video because I recognize that Lee Greenwood song. We have the CD of
it because it is a great song and we both enjoy listening to it. Even though it was removed, thank you for
posting it to start with. Our great country was founded through faith in God. Don't let anybody discourage
you about being patriotic or asking God to bless us as a country. You will be told or hear things that some
people will say, out of ignorance, that might put down a show of patriotism or of belief in God, but don't
let it bother you. Stick to your guns, as they say. Even though some bad things are happening. we are still
the greatest nation it the world and we have our great PATRIOTS and GOD to thank for it.

Thanks again.

Ray
 
What Ray's basically telling you is that "if you're American then we're a legend in our own minds, and anyone who disagrees is igNor@nt!" It's called "positive thinking".
 
Glad to see you're finally getting it!! :icon_thumleft:
 
your welcome from myself and all the others who are disabled vets dontno or whatever your name is for your freedom to swing a m.d. and speak freely on your computer! we didnt ask to go and come home disabled ,but if it was for your country we would do the same.
 
Dano, I just now saw this thread. Just wanted to give you my support. I like your posts and your attitude. Engaging in "One Think" is never good. That's how all wars start. If more people were willing to go against the grain once in a while this would be a much better place. I mean the USA and every other country capable of wreaking havoc on the world. Patriotism scares me when I see it used to justify every nasty thing we Americans do in other countries. This sentiment will not be popular with a certain segment of the population but I believe it's the truth.

Old Town
 
@Mick - You're missing the point Mick.I'm not questioning anyones courage or will to fight,defend and protect your nation or ours. What i'm having a go at is the instilled from birth idea that patriotism should be shouted from the highest building ...daily!
What i do question is when vet's like yourself..as well as non vet's turn round and INSIST you are/were defending America's freedom...or we have the right to MD or be on the PC purely because of military actions and soldiers!
Sorry,but the last threat to American fields and beaches ended in 1814 when we Brit's decided metal detecting in America wasn't worth it..and came home! (..or were kicked back home..if you still want to be patriotic?)
A soldier decides to become a soldier.He comes back home in one piece..disabled...or dead! It's a lottery for each soldier who comes home which way, and it's a fact of military life that EVERY prospective soldier knows when signing up!
In my view this isn't enough to be hero worshipped by anyone not in the military! As they say at the end of anyones military life.."we thank you for your service."...and that's all you gave, a service!

@old town - Glad of your support mate thanks. I'm amazed at how much support i do get on these things,though not many have the nerve to put it out in the open..and i don't blame them lol. We're all patriotic,and there's nothing wrong with that, but excessive patriotism to me...and you...just shows a very blinkered or tunnel visioned thought process. It's scary and dangerous and as i've mentioned before..something our governments rely on and breed to justify what they do!
Prepare for hate mail! :laughing9:

@Colorado - This isn't a personal slap in the face for you mate ok. You posted something i picked up on on a bad day,something i'll normally have a go at whoever posts it..don't take it personal. :wink:
 
Dano, the last righteous war we as Americans fought was WW2. Maybe that was the only righteous war in our whole history if you exclude our banning British metal detecting back a few centuries ago.

My own father and grandfather fought in WW2. My granddad was a high-ranking officer in the navy. Both men advised me in 1974 to not sign up for the draft as Vietnam was winding down. I was 17 in '74. Years later I would learn those two old blood and guts veterans of Guadalcanal had planned to move me to the British Virgin Islands should I be drafted. They hated what the US war machine had become and how they chose their targets. Hitler needed stopping, but no person in Hanoi was any threat to anyone in America. True then as it's true now.

Old Town
 
Dano, I did not mean to insult you or call you ignorant. It's just that no one, whether he is from another country or
even another American, knows what motivates a particular person to feel patriotic, or how strong or lax the feelings are.
I personally feel that a person should not let any remark from another discourage him from honoring our country or it's
flag.

Have a good day.

Ray
 
I served 8 years in the army. I won the time lottery. They were between Korea & Vetnam. The way I look at it you lived the past and now you move on. Don't look back to much. Yes I think about my wife that died 20 some years ago, but not much else. As far as the USA, If we were invaded, I would be out there like the minute men with my gun in a flash. As for now, I look at what our government has done to my country and weep. The next election will fortell our future.
​
 
I worked a show for Lee Greenwood many years ago when he was touring small venues. That song was alright, and he thought it was, but he just wanted it for a closer, and it was popular with the country crowd. Course it went on to become bigger. I was more impressed that that guy can do Ray Charles dead on. Dano is aggravated by what is called 'Jingoism'. I think maybe. Maybe it's called 'Ramboism' now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom