God Bless the USA

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
RGINN said:
I worked a show for Lee Greenwood many years ago when he was touring small venues. That song was alright, and he thought it was, but he just wanted it for a closer, and it was popular with the country crowd. Course it went on to become bigger. I was more impressed that that guy can do Ray Charles dead on. Dano is aggravated by what is called 'Jingoism'. I think maybe. Maybe it's called 'Ramboism' now.

Jingosim is fear of the foreigner. What Dano is about (and me too) is fear of the patriotic zealot. The person who says my country right or wrong. If you are wrong, then you are wrong. The super patriot cannot understand this. We should all fear the super patriot.

OT

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Once again OT...amen! :thumbsup:

No offence taken Ray. Have a good one yourself.

I've since learnt that Colorado,the original poster..is only 13, so i'm going to apologise profusely for mentally scarring him/her for life! "Sorry". :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
In looking at this thread, it looks like Dano made an earlier post here that was deleted. Is this correct? The first post under the leadin post looks like it is an answer to an earlier Dano post.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, nothings missing Frankn. All the posts are here.. Go back, listen to the youtube, and read all the posts again :laughing7:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Frankn, I just noticed that after you pointed it out. This is too bad. No post should ever be deleted unless it's a physical threat of violence. Everything else should be a go assuming the language isn't too vile. I like a good swear or two but you can lose your way.

OT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I went back to recheck and the orginal video is gone! Kind of makes most of this post meaningless!

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Frankn said:
I went back to recheck and the orginal video is gone! Kind of makes most of this post meaningless!

You mean the Greenwood song thing with a soldier against the flag is not the original video? That's all I ever saw and it's still there.

OT

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
When clicked it says "video removed by user"...so it's gone! And yes Frankn, my original post under the video has been deleted.Never noticed and i didn't delete it. No idea why,it was only a few words long and none of them bad..in my opinion anyhow. :dontknow:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Now this is embarrassing. I never click on music videos in the first place so I didn't see the note saying removed by poster or some such thing. All I saw was the photo.

As for removing posts because they may be opposing views or construed as disrespectful? Not my thing. I'd much rather read opposing views than my own. You don't learn anything listening to people you agree with over and over again. This is how you breed the dreaded super patriot in the first place.

OT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
OT: The super patriot is only a covering. If you really had to repulse an attack on this country and you turned around and looked for them, you would only see heels and Assholes going the other way. You see the covering makes them feel good, but it does not stop bullets.
I love this country and by country I meen citizens and land. The the political end is like a toilet, it needs to be flushed occasionally.

Moniters please note: that donkeyvoid word is in spellcheck!!

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Funny thing is, Frankn, most think I'm a liberal puke. While in most social ways I am, in a fight I'm really more a nuclear hawk where war is concerned. Grinding kids up on the ground is not a good thing and has never won a war in recent memory. The atomic bomb is the way to fight. It ended WW2 with the least blood possible. We should only strike with tactical nukes fired from subs or aircraft. No kids on the ground. No middleage American soldiers with children at home like we now have in Iraq. This is both a disgrace and an embarassment to the US. We send guys over 40 with families to war. Unthinkable in my mind. If someone needs killing then stop with the half measures and be a man about your slaughter.

OT

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
OT : I agree that would be the best way for us to go, except that Russia & China would fire before ours hit the ground. In that way we would loose more. Our nukes are a last ditch responce. War is evolving into a fight of robots. THE UNMANDED DRONE STRIKES, THE SUPER SECRET UNMANDED FIGHTER AIRCRAFT.

IT'S KIND OF LIKE, SHALL WE GO WITH THE SPARTONS OR THE TERMINATOR?

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Funny thing is, Frankn, most think I'm a liberal puke. While in most social ways I am, in a fight I'm really more a nuclear hawk where war is concerned. Grinding kids up on the ground is not a good thing and has never won a war in recent memory. The atomic bomb is the way to fight. It ended WW2 with the least blood possible. We should only strike with tactical nukes fired from subs or aircraft. No kids on the ground. No middleage American soldiers with children at home like we now have in Iraq. This is both a disgrace and an embarassment to the US. We send guys over 40 with families to war. Unthinkable in my mind. If someone needs killing then stop with the half measures and be a man about your slaughter.

OT

You strike me as a libertarian much more than a liberal.

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
CrazySlasher said:
Old Town said:

OT

You strike me as a libertarian much more than a liberal.

I'm more a librarian. I like to read.

Slasher I don't like the Libertarians because we need many social programs to help the persons not capable of competing in a modern world. We can't let them die in the streets. I don't mind paying taxes one bit. We don't pay enough it you ask me. Look at Europe. They have a better general life standard and I feel a more civilized approach to life in many ways. If we lived like true libertarians we'd be back in Flagler's and J P Getty's day of robber barons. I'd be a good robber baron because I understand how to make money. Most have no idea. They would get crushed. This is not what I want and any decent person would not want that kind of economic jungle again.

I don't have a party or a real interest in politics. I see the chessboard I was born into and play it the best way I can for as many years as I've got. After I'm gone the world can explode for all I care.

Have a nice day.

OT

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OT - I really feel I've gotten to know you over these past many weeks. Thought you'd enjoy this. :laughing7:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
DigginThePast said:
OT - I really feel I've gotten to know you over these past many weeks. Thought you'd enjoy this. :laughing7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiRUSjSJnQ&feature=related

Why not send me a cigar box full of wasps? I don't open music sent to me just like I don't stick my face into the box full of wasps. End result feels about the same for me. Besides, that broad is country and that's as low as it gets.

Thank you for your support,

OT

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
DigginThePast said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSiRUSjSJnQ&feature=related

Why not send me a cigar box full of wasps? I don't open music sent to me just like I don't stick my face into the box full of wasps. End result feels about the same for me. Besides, that broad is country and that's as low as it gets.

Thank you for your support,

OT

I knew you'd like it. :icon_thumright:

:laughing7:

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but no person in Hanoi was any threat to anyone in America. True then as it's true now.

Old Town

[/quote]

It was the ideology of the "persons" in Hanoi that was the threat. The ideology of communism and the murderous thugs carring it out that has murdered more people in history than any other group. This insidious theory has now spread into our U.S. college campuses, media, U.S government, (democrat party) and entertainment industry. We have brain washing on a massive scale. 100 million people murdered since the Bolshevik revolution of 1917. Oh ya, it's no threat?

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Mike, I've walked in what used to be called Saigon. No commies tried to kill me. The girls are lovely as ever. Life is good when you take a deep breath.

OT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread