What's new

Going out on a limb here

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And not trying to buck authority but I need to ask a question,maybe a question others are asking as well.Topic headings and random posted links ....can't they target certain groups(i.e.rich,people,poor people) and could be considered political fodder and meant to incite political discussion? I just think we're still going to run into the same problems.I mean its clearly going on in the thread about The Second Amendment forum being pulled.I'm making sure in the future that the lines are drawn more clearly to not get myself in hot water and for others too,on both sides believe it or not.I'll be back,gotta make a pie.8-)
 
Last edited:
Right,, "evil greedy" rich, and then the rest of us. But don't forget the "evil greedy oil" Some politician threatened to socialize it. Global warming? Some politicians have been using it for years as a control issue.

Matter of fact,, how many thought does an individual have that hasn't been fostered, seeded or manipulated by politicians? There really are very few " pure" thoughts.
 
Right,, "evil greedy" rich, and then the rest of us. But don't forget the "evil greedy oil" Some politician threatened to socialize it. Global warming? Some politicians have been using it for years as a control issue. Matter of fact,, how many thought does an individual have that hasn't been fostered, seeded or manipulated by politicians? There really are very few " pure" thoughts.
See there you are right with me there in my thoughts.By allowing one "side" to make the other side bend is just as much political in nature as taking away a forum yet,per usual ,it is one side that must be tolerant,how is that fair?I think no links should be allowed unless they have to do with metal detecting ,bottle collecting,cooking etc. so all is fair.I could play by those rules and others should too that demanded the SA forum banished .Thoughts mods?
 
Last edited:
Here's a "pure thought" for you, the whole thing reeks of PCBS!
 
Last edited:
Coily - I tried to address this issue with TN. I was labeled and now put "on watch" - and have had my first ever post deleted. Watch your opinions, if they are not "correct" you will be punished!
 
Yes, reminds me of our current.... nevermind, that's a bad word around here now. They might be monitoring me too.
 
Lets visit the nit and grit of it again.Seeing as how this website is suppose to strictly be a metal detecting and treasure hunting forum.Realistically it really only needs two threads,A Metal Detecting thread and a Treasure Hunting thread.Everything else is just so much clutter that it distracts all the members.Doesnt that make sense?
 
Yes, reminds me of our current.... nevermind, that's a bad word around here now. They might be monitoring me too.

Pffft! What isn't?
 
Lets visit the nit and grit of it again.Seeing as how this website is suppose to strictly be a metal detecting and treasure hunting forum.Realistically it really only needs two threads,A Metal Detecting thread and a Treasure Hunting thread.Everything else is just so much clutter that it distracts all the members.Doesnt that make sense?
I belong to many many forums. In my mind the best ones are those that operate as if it were a group or regular people who come together for a common reason and are sitting around a table, or a bar, or a campfire, or whatever and having a discussion. The reason for being there is the hobby they share but the topic of conversation can be most anything. Their hobby of course but also, current events, what they watched on TV last night, the weather, food (one of my favorites), and yeah, even politics. Just like "real" people. When you start making too many rules and being too rigid you spoil the experience. Just my take on things in general. Not any particular forum. One place I hang out that just happens to be firearms related has an "off topic" section called "dumping brass". The rules are clearly posted and you have to click on a button that you agree to them before entering. The rules ? There are 2. Basically it says if you are easily offended stay out, if you get your nickers in a wad when people are "mean to you" stay out. There are NO moderators and you can talk about anything you want. The 2 minor rules that do exist are really just common sense. No extremely vulgar language and no threatening another member. Other than that anything goes. There are very few problems.
 
Last edited:
When you start making too many rules and being too rigid you spoil the experience.

Theres something very familiar about that sentence,though I'm not talking about a forum of any kind.
 
I guarantee you all won't be thinking about Tnet or its policies on your deathbed, so it's best to let it go.
 
I guarantee you all won't be thinking about Tnet or its policies on your deathbed, so it's best to let it go.

Nah I dont plan on dying in bed.:laughing7:
 
Lets visit the nit and grit of it again.Seeing as how this website is suppose to strictly be a metal detecting and treasure hunting forum.Realistically it really only needs two threads,A Metal Detecting thread and a Treasure Hunting thread.Everything else is just so much clutter that it distracts all the members.Doesnt that make sense?

Agree 100%
 
I guarantee you all won't be thinking about Tnet or its policies on your deathbed, so it's best to let it go.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to let us in on it..( I thought it was a secret, though, shhhhh)
 
Respectfully ,I don't want to let anything go Susan,I'm just looking for answers as to why one side gets to run the show so to speak,isn't that polarizing in and of itself? I think I not only speak for The Boys Club here but for others as well who are trying to understand what is ok to post and what is not.Seems fair if this is a metal detecting site and metal detecting and treasure hunting site only that is all that should be included or we'll still be running the same circles around each other , Deleting forums doesn't seem to be the answer to me because the ones that poke at each other will still be doing it under Everything Else. Why not just swiftly punish the offenders like the mods keep warning? Seems like that would separate the men from the little boys faster and set clearer guidelines than punishing just the few who repeatedly break the rules.
 
Bandit, chess pie.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom