What's new

Going out on a limb here

I thought you were talking about.................:tongue3:


God Bless


Chris


outonalimb.png
 
The 2nd was closed by admins, to attack it involves politics.. ..

I am very new here, but have been on various Forums for years as member, Mod, and even Admin.
Witnessed a similar situation on a major Car Audio forum a couple years back, where the owner/Admin deleted a lot of active subforums, threads, and content that had been around for a long time and had never been a 'problem'
The response upon questioning why these actions occurred---- and why several longtime members got the permaban Banhammer as part and parcel---- yielded the response that certain things were coming up in major search engine results that the Admins felt gave a 'black eye' to the forum. It was also stated that because each page of the site contained that major search engine's 'Custom Search' box, that we fell under their "Terms of Service" and were either in violation of certain of those terms, or simply receiving undue attention from their robocops.

The site went from being one of the most awesome, open, and fun sites, to being a 'walking on eggshells' forum that lost a huge amount of members/traffic in the last few months that I was there.


My opinion is that it was all about money/sponsorship/"outside agency" influence , and I took the prerogative to leave.


(Two years later, I still miss it...... and can't help but wonder if the Admins ever had second thoughts....??!!)
 
I am very new here, but have been on various Forums for years as member, Mod, and even Admin. Witnessed a similar situation on a major Car Audio forum a couple years back, where the owner/Admin deleted a lot of active subforums, threads, and content that had been around for a long time and had never been a 'problem' The response upon questioning why these actions occurred---- and why several longtime members got the permaban Banhammer as part and parcel---- yielded the response that certain things were coming up in major search engine results that the Admins felt gave a 'black eye' to the forum. It was also stated that because each page of the site contained that major search engine's 'Custom Search' box, that we fell under their "Terms of Service" and were either in violation of certain of those terms, or simply receiving undue attention from their robocops. The site went from being one of the most awesome, open, and fun sites, to being a 'walking on eggshells' forum that lost a huge amount of members/traffic in the last few months that I was there. My opinion is that it was all about money/sponsorship/"outside agency" influence , and I took the prerogative to leave. (Two years later, I still miss it...... and can't help but wonder if the Admins ever had second thoughts....??!!)
Thank you for your input Flex and you succinctly stated what thoughts are in many members minds here as well.I think we can find a balance between free speech and staying within guidelines of the site and I hope the powers that be will maybe take another look,get the back story of why the forum was shut down and reconsider.You never know,this little ruckus might make this a better site and more respectful of the rules the mods have been trying to enforce.
 
Last edited:
I am very new here, but have been on various Forums for years as member, Mod, and even Admin.
Witnessed a similar situation on a major Car Audio forum a couple years back, where the owner/Admin deleted a lot of active subforums, threads, and content that had been around for a long time and had never been a 'problem'
The response upon questioning why these actions occurred---- and why several longtime members got the permaban Banhammer as part and parcel---- yielded the response that certain things were coming up in major search engine results that the Admins felt gave a 'black eye' to the forum. It was also stated that because each page of the site contained that major search engine's 'Custom Search' box, that we fell under their "Terms of Service" and were either in violation of certain of those terms, or simply receiving undue attention from their robocops.

The site went from being one of the most awesome, open, and fun sites, to being a 'walking on eggshells' forum that lost a huge amount of members/traffic in the last few months that I was there.


My opinion is that it was all about money/sponsorship/"outside agency" influence , and I took the prerogative to leave.


(Two years later, I still miss it...... and can't help but wonder if the Admins ever had second thoughts....??!!)

Flex,

Strange but I was thinking the exact same thing regarding the present situation here with the 2ND Forum. I also had the exact same experience, but mine was with a major Hunting site. I was a Mod, and an Admin too in that site and then the deletion of certain forums and the banning of certain people started. The old line " It's a private site and the owner can do what he wants", was the theme there too at that time. Today, although that site still exists, it is but a shell of its former self.
 
Today, although that site still exists, it is but a shell of its former self.

Yep. Although I haven't been back to the Car Audio site that I mentioned (once I wash my hands of something, I'm done with it), I strongly suspect the same....
 
the 2nd forum is still there just not visible.

Mike

Yeah right!! As I said, the 2ND Forum is NOT there. You know, I'm sitting here laughing at what you said BC. ( no offense meant to you at all!) I'm thinking that if it IS still there and just can't be seen, maybe we can post to it and our posts then can't be seen either and the "offended few folks" can't get offended anymore! LMBO!
 
Coily - I tried to address this issue with TN. I was labeled and now put "on watch" - and have had my first ever post deleted. Watch your opinions, if they are not "correct" you will be punished!

Welcome to the club! I get my posts deleted all the time and they don't even have politics or religion in them, that is most of them. As Alexander Graham Bell once said, " What hath God rought?" Opps, sorry about that.
Frank...
6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.webpNever more!
PS: looks like the can of worms is open!
 
Hey Unclebuck...I'm serious it really is STILL there, and whats weird, being with no new content, just who are the 5 *guests* viewing it...hrm outside agency lol AHHHHH black helicopters..run run run away lol.

View attachment 921537

Mike

PS there was a black helicopter this mornin'...really freaked me out lol.
 
And you thought I was pulling your leg BC lol(just joking):icon_thumleft:
 
who are the 5 *guests*

Yup the Nanny State Azzes and or the Fumbling Bunch of Idiots are looking it over with a fine tooth comb:laughing7:Lots of secrets in there hmmm:sign10:
 
coily, you are not allowed to leave unless I give my permission.
 
not precisely, just whatever tickles my fancy ( and i have a very large fancy!)
 
someday i plan a contest on which avatar is really me (will the real jeff gordon please stand up, please stand up please stand up)
 
someday i plan a contest on which avatar is really me (will the real jeff gordon please stand up, please stand up please stand up)

The ball is in your court jeff!
 
not quite yet, when my time here is up
 
Man Jeff-gordon you change your avatar almost as much as I do...is your avatar a reflection of your current persona too ?

Mike


PERSONA ancient Latin for MASK.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom