What's new

Going out on a limb here

Just a thought, if there are separate forums for different discussions, you can go to the ones you want to participate in and not have to sort thru stuff you don't enjoy. That maybe why there are more forums than just TH'ing ones.
I mainly stay with MD'ing forums, it's what makes me happy.
Some groups of people get along better than others, always has been always will be. Also the bigger the site becomes the more problems it will probably have.

Sounds scrumptious !
 
Just a thought, if there are separate forums for different discussions, you can go to the ones you want to participate in and not have to sort thru stuff you don't enjoy. That maybe why there are more forums than just TH'ing ones.
I mainly stay with MD'ing forums, it's what makes me happy.
Some groups of people get along better than others, always has been always will be. Also the bigger the site becomes the more problems it will probably have.

Sounds scrumptious !

Good post, and, if you notice,, animals, people, birds, bees. They all seem to hang out together,in their own groups. But some humans can't stand the thought of that and throw tantrums about people getting along... that means it must be stopped.
 
Respectfully ,I don't want to let anything go Susan,I'm just looking for answers as to why one side gets to run the show so to speak,isn't that polarizing in and of itself? I think I not only speak for The Boys Club here but for others as well who are trying to understand what is ok to post and what is not.Seems fair if this is a metal detecting site and metal detecting and treasure hunting site only that is all that should be included or we'll still be running the same circles around each other , Deleting forums doesn't seem to be the answer to me because the ones that poke at each other will still be doing it under Everything Else. Why not just swiftly punish the offenders like the mods keep warning? Seems like that would separate the men from the little boys faster and set clearer guidelines than punishing just the few who repeatedly break the rules.

It is not a public forum, it is a privately owned forum. And they get to set the rules, simple as that, and our opinion isn't important. That doesn't upset or offend me. In my opinion we are fortunate to have Tnet available us without having to pay a fee and it is the best site out there for metal detecting and treasure hunting. For other topics, perhaps there are far better sites out there, I don't know but if I was stressing over this site I'd sure find out.
 
It's just my opinion,, but sometimes opinions are easy to come by.. it doesn't mean they should all be given the same weight?
 
To anyone interested, I have ibuprofen willing to share!
 
To anyone interested, I have ibuprofen willing to share!

I have you beat,I have some Kentucky straight bourbon Whiskey :laughing7:
 
I tire . Gimme some if that ibuprofen msbeepbeeo.I've tried to be as respectful as I know how to be and am just trying to understand my limitations.I like this place and come here for help and camaraderie with others who have the same passion as I do but to be told in a matter of speaking to go away is really rude.I'm out.
 
I tire . Gimme some if that ibuprofen msbeepbeeo.I've tried to be as respectful as I know how to be and am just trying to understand my limitations.I like this place and come here for help and camaraderie with others who have the same passion as I do but to be told in a matter of speaking to go away is really rude.I'm out.

Hang in there Coily, your always respectful and your posts are always welcome. I am not sure who you feel told you in a matter of speaking to go away, but don't you dare leave us....

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 
I could tell you who made the veiled insult TH. But would that make me look like I want my opinion to matter more? Would it become a new habit of mine? Hmm... a riddle. Bit of a conundrum maybe.
 
SusanMN,I overreacted to your comment,I know you didn't mean it that way,sorry.I don't plan on leaving TreasureHunter,I love this place and anyway, who would watch Jeff-Gordon and Squiggy?
 
The 2nd was closed by admins, to attack it involves politics.. ..

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM


We will NOT go quietly into the night!
 
Coily, I agree that I've never seen anything in your posts that would cause a problem. We don't agree much, but you are respectful not only in the way you present your POV, but also in the content.

I think if you can post about a new scoop without mentioning the President's name, you should be good to go!!!!
Uhhh I don't think so NF,lol,I ain't go in there and didn't fall off a pumpkin truck yesterday.
 
You know I'd miss you too, Coily. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings and definitely wasn't suggesting you go away.
 
Uhhh I don't think so NF,lol,I ain't go in there and didn't fall off a pumpkin truck yesterday.
Coily the forum is gone but in some ways we still "won".. We know now who our friends are and we know who are not our friends. That's always good to know. :thumbsup:
 
I know you didn't mean anything Susan,I think emotions are just really running high here and I had to fight crowds today in Target and Wal-Mart to boot,sheesh! Bandit, chess pie,you can't be southern until you've had it,lol.Its delicious, mostly butter and sugar.
 
Look everyone, this has been a rough couple days. All this TN drama on top of the stress of the holidays.
We all know we all have different opinions about politics, religion, MDing, or whatever. And we all are convinced that we are right.
Well one thing I hope we can all agree on is this:
We are all human, and fallible.
And all of us are worth the respect that comes from being mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters and brothers who CARE about our loved ones and care about the TN members.
If ANY of you were stuck on a snowy road or stranded in a burning building I am SURE no one here would hesitate to do everything they could to help you.
We are all good decent people.
It's so easy to forget that when we can blast people's opinions in milliseconds with a computer keyboard. And silly statements begin to seem so dramatic in the moment.
All I am saying is I hope we can get past this issue (or these issues) soon and climb back up to the level of respect that each of us deserves from each other because of the fact that all of us are doing the best we can to be good people regardless of political or religious beliefs.
End of rant.
Thanks,
Bruce
 
Some people take this stuff wayyyy too serious.
 
Hey Neighbor.. send that poor Yankee a piece of your chess pie. Bless his little heart, he trying to fit in.:laughing7:

Best at ya!
-Wayne
 
Ever think that nobody is to blame. Maybe an "outside" agency made the decision and that's that. Guess I'll go quietly into the good night...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom