Going To Try This For A Living

Jonsered

Oct 12, 2009
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Well, I'm finally at a point in my life where I have a little time and money, and I figured there was no quicker way to use up both than going mining, except perhaps for a 19 year old mistress. 8-) I've spent a few years slowly acquiring equipment, prospecting my chosen area, acquiring claims, getting my state mine certs, getting the money together for the bond, etc., and I think I'm ready to go. I'll post pics as the weather warms up and I start setup. What I need from the experienced folks here is an honest source to sell my leftover black sand. I've had my sand assayed, and I'm getting some platinum group metals as well as a good bit of tungsten, and a good bit of super fine gold that is evading my equipment. Obviously I need to maximize profits, so a point in the direction of a reputable buyer would be much appreciated. Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck with your 19 years old girlfriend. Let me know if you need any help with her.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great to see your still at it and I too am interested in the black sand buyers.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Herb good luck and heal quick on your surgery ! Also get that knee done soon ! I had both shoulder's done separately years back and my right knee done 3 years ago and the left knee is in a few weeks! I'm envious of your accomplishments on getting out into nature and wish I could have done similar , BUT , Maybe next Spring will be different! Get well soon!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau - Thank you and the best of success with your second knee! Soon we will both be Bionic, but likely not worth $64 million :hello2:
sept for what we can still do with ourselves.

What I've done and do is Not for everyone but it is for me. At almost 74 years of age I am "Still Good To Go", as long as the joints hold up it will stay that way. I might not make it into "MY CANYON" next year but 2019 should be a good year! However, whatever I Am Capable of doing then I will be doing that! I've been blessed with a good body even though over the years I've not treated it that well, In late December I will start an LA Fitness membership via Medicare/Kaiser, it will be interesting to see 'what develops', so to speak. I am really looking forward to using my new Bear/Food Bag cable system as its use will mean I'm Out There!.

Next I need to determine if the connecting rods in my 1000cc Kawasaki Concours motorcycle are straight or bent (hydro lock). If they are straight then I will put a tiny bit of money into it so it will sell as a running bike. If they are bent then it becomes a parts bike for Someone else..... Why do I bring that up here, whatever money comes from it will go into the kitty for the next trip.......Herb

Kawasaki.JPG

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
HMMMM? Those bikes are what got me into this mess with bad joints! I had a 85 GPZ 750 turbo that was heavily modified and ran a 10.5 @ 135 MPH in the quarter UNTILL I had a head on with a 85 Buick! That was back in 86, still got the limp with a distinct limp now from the knee problem! Heck it could of been worse !:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread