Gold cube and miller table

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that I have a little experience with prospecting I was thinking running material through a gold cube then using a miller table to cleanly extract the cons from the cube might be a good one two punch. Any thoughts? I get really frustrated panning some of the really fine stuff, very hard to separate from the black sand without panning black sand out and probably losing gold.

Upvote 0

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey bottle cap.......

Did ya get yer cube yet?

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also USED to do it like that but was told that extended periods of running will ruin the charger. So I don't anymore!

I started doing that because I never had a good battery that wasn't bolted into something, and when I did have a decent enough battery that wasn't bolted into
anything, I forgot to unplug the charger and really screwed up the battery... I figure I can buy a small handful of chargers for the price of a good battery. And my
shop is an old John Deere dealership, I've got this giant massive 45 year old charger on the wall outside with 75 foot leads, I hope I don't hurt that one.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you guys think I can use my battery charger for the cube? It has a 6 amp setting but I see the pump has a 5 amp fuse and 3.3 amp draw.

Not recommended.
But you can get a 12v riding lawnmower battery at Walmart for $19.95 and use your charger on it.
Not as good as a deep cycle battery but will do fine with the cube.

If you are just using it at home get a 110 to 12 volt converter at Walmart for $20.
Cut off the cigarette lighter receptacle and attach the wires to your bilge pump.
CLICK HERE
e46f405a-0e01-41b9-9f71-fa9b07785b28_1.73f24e25a60407bd9efdc8a1c3fab77d.jpeg

I just got lucky and found a slightly used 3 stack cube with pump, hose, and stand, on craigslist for $250

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey bottle cap.......

Did ya get yer cube yet?

Yup just got it today! Ran to the river and got some more material to run this weekend, will get cube set up tomorrow night for sure. Pretty excited to use it. First mission is throwing all stray cons I have already run through it to see what I come up with, then I'll run the buckets of fresh stuff I haven't touched yet.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not recommended.
But you can get a 12v riding lawnmower battery at Walmart for $19.95 and use your charger on it.
Not as good as a deep cycle battery but will do fine with the cube.

If you are just using it at home get a 110 to 12 volt converter at Walmart for $20.
Cut off the cigarette lighter receptacle and attach the wires to your bilge pump.
CLICK HERE
e46f405a-0e01-41b9-9f71-fa9b07785b28_1.73f24e25a60407bd9efdc8a1c3fab77d.jpeg

I just got lucky and found a slightly used 3 stack cube with pump, hose, and stand, on craigslist for $250

GG~

Definitely looks like a good set up for home. Eventually I will have to get a battery for trips but for now that would work great. I have run my clean up sluice directly off of my battery charger without any problems but maybe it's different with a bigger pump?

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also need to run to Home Depot and get one of those black tubs I see people use to recirculate. I would like to come up with a clean recirculating system, a lot of videos I have seen with people using the cube look like a huge mess, tub overflowing everywhere.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup just got it today! Ran to the river and got some more material to run this weekend, will get cube set up tomorrow night for sure. Pretty excited to use it. First mission is throwing all stray cons I have already run through it to see what I come up with, then I'll run the buckets of fresh stuff I haven't touched yet.

Doc says rough it up and break it in a bit first. About minutes 17-18 in this video.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well if you run out of "fine" material to run....
I'll send you some of this!:laughing7: A perfect gold cube "test"

DSCN8158.JPG

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well if you run out of "fine" material to run....
I'll send you some of this!:laughing7: A perfect gold cube "test"

View attachment 1326368

Guaranteed hardest to pan gold bearing material on the planet! This stuff is virtually all minus 100 mesh and the gold goes down to the microscopic range in size.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
And I will vouch for that........ Unbelievable stuff.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dont forget to attend GOLD CUBE UNIVERSITY before you use your cube.....a little learning goes a long way.

GG~

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread