Gold Maps Online - check out gold mining claims

DanielWestman

Aug 15, 2008
Umeå
I just discovered this website where you can buy Google Earth files with real time mining claims. You can see active and abandoned gold mining claims for 12 different states. There's a free sample map you can check out and if you want another state contact them, mention GEB(Google Earth Blog), and they'll give you the map for free. Otherwise a map costs $29.95. I think it's a pretty neat idea and it could be useful if you're searching for gold. Any idea if there's a similar free website out there that shows mining claims?

http://www.goldmapsonline.com/

Upvote 0

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks much for the link but for some reason i cannot get it to work or accept GEB. where do you write in GEB? thanks much, take care. ron

OP
OP
DanielWestman

DanielWestman

Aug 15, 2008
Umeå
Hi Maui,
Use their contact form on the link below and ask for a map of another state. I would guess it's not the complete map, just a sample map of another state. Ask something like "Hey I saw your website at GEB, can I have a sample map of 'insert state here'?"

http://www.goldmapsonline.com/contact.php

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awsome site thanks for the link

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just keep this in mind when using any of these that half of my legal California claims dating back to the 60's are not on any of these products.
I also know of many other legal claims that don't show. The data is very patchy and incomplete!!!
Due to the land survey status the sections show as open no claims, always check the BLM and county recorder, and the footwork before just assuming.

:read2: Here READ the Disclaimer for Geocommunicator: http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/GC_disclaimer.html :read2:

Kestral

Feb 25, 2011
Marshall, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
That's why I believe the GIS data the individual states/counties collect is about the most accurate you can get hold of without going down and digging in the deed's office. Almost every county in the country uses primarily GIS data now for land records. And yes, there are some counties/areas still in progress of updating all the GIS files with any older paper documents still not recorded in digital format...but that's pretty minor in most cases.
That goldmapsonline thing seems cool, he probably just loads the GIS layers like I have into Google Earth, does no actual mapping, and charges for the effortless hookup of servers! But how can you look at that out in the field? on your laptop, streaming cell internet service from the high mountain ranges? I doubt it.
Check out my solution, affordable maps in big old fashioned paper print, that you can take with you, write on, and best of all, can be made just to show the area you need >>
http://www.hubbardmapworks.com
Site still in progress...feedback welcomed

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sclose

May 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MineFinder - Interactive Online Claims, Minerals, Geology, Federal Land Status and Mo

I just discovered this website where you can buy Google Earth files with real time mining claims. You can see active and abandoned gold mining claims for 12 different states. There's a free sample map you can check out and if you want another state contact them, mention GEB(Google Earth Blog), and they'll give you the map for free. Otherwise a map costs $29.95. I think it's a pretty neat idea and it could be useful if you're searching for gold. Any idea if there's a similar free website out there that shows mining claims?

Hi all- this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd include a new service that I found, called the MineFinder MineFinder: Mining Claims, Mine & Mineral Discovery Maps.

It is really awesome- shows all USA active and expired claims for lode, placer, and mill sites, and state leases for Minnesota (website states Michigan is coming soon).

Even more, the service has layers that you can turn on/off, including geology, faults, all mineral showings (gold, copper, uranium, iron and tons more!), federal land status, weather, and towns/roads/water etc.

Last November I used this service to find a completely unstaked high grade copper deposit in Idaho, went and sampled it and 10 of 33 hand samples came back with greater than 5% copper!

What's even more is that a single day use is only $25, and you get ALL twelve states' worth of claims and WAY more. Considering the amount of potential exploration I think it is worth it. I had paid for just a single day and spent about 20 hours on the computer researching all across the US. If I had the time, I'd like to use the service to find and sell claims, paying for the service and my expenses and quite my day job!

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all- this thread is a bit old, but I thought I'd include a new service that I found, called the MineFinder MineFinder: Mining Claims, Mine & Mineral Discovery Maps.

It is really awesome- shows all USA active and expired claims for lode, placer, and mill sites, and state leases for Minnesota (website states Michigan is coming soon).

Even more, the service has layers that you can turn on/off, including geology, faults, all mineral showings (gold, copper, uranium, iron and tons more!), federal land status, weather, and towns/roads/water etc.

Last November I used this service to find a completely unstaked high grade copper deposit in Idaho, went and sampled it and 10 of 33 hand samples came back with greater than 5% copper!

What's even more is that a single day use is only $25, and you get ALL twelve states' worth of claims and WAY more. Considering the amount of potential exploration I think it is worth it. I had paid for just a single day and spent about 20 hours on the computer researching all across the US. If I had the time, I'd like to use the service to find and sell claims, paying for the service and my expenses and quite my day job!

That's the same thing minecache is doing but about 300 times as expensive. Both of them are just using the free information already available on the LR2000.

These maps only show the BLM claims data to the nearest 1/2 mile. There is nothing "up to date" about this information. With an accuracy of 1/2 mile per claim (claims are usually only 600 foot wide - 32 claims per mile) and at best 3 months you would be much better off doing the research yourself. You are going to have to use the LR2000 and the County recorder before you go out anyway. Might as well learn to use the free tools and information already available.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Clay. Unless you spend all day standing at the county recorder's office watching folks file their paperwork, there's no such thing as 'Up To Date'.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First post from this person and it is promoting a commercial service...hmmm.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin-look at the date of this post March, 2010. How can it be new?

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Learn how to use LR2000 then map it out onto google earth. Took me a solid day but it's pretty complete for the areas I want to hit this summer and wont have to worry about jumping.

GoldenNerd

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using GeoCommunicator and then LR2000 I don't see fine-grained detail, only down to the Tr/R/Lots and no actual GPS. How are you able to get the fine-grained detail (finer than lots) out of LR2000?
Also, I see claims which span multiple lots. Again, need GPS coords or something to map them. How were you able to do this to plot into Google Earth?

Thanks!

LRC253

Aug 5, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I plotted the quads which are around 160 acres, also sometimes there will be comments that have the description of where the claimed land is. If you want to get closer to someones claim then you'll have to go to your local blm office and search records.

The only reason why I plot all the claims is to get a feel for where gold has and is being found so I have a good starting point of where to search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread