Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I've met "an Old Timer" who's reached the limits of his strength/age barrier and would like to sell his gold claim. The claim involves a historic tunnel into an ancient riverbed, a newer tunnel into another historic riverbed and two new proposed locations where a shaft would need to be dropped into/through three ancient riverbeds. In other words, some serious cash and WORK will be needed to break into the new locations and the historic locations have some problems involving them so only the new sites should be considered possibly viable. The actual mining area is seriously rich with deposits of gold.

What reliable mining companies should he contact to begin talks with about the sale? In this business there are many phony mines as well as mining companies so Please, pass on info on companies that you KNOW are reliable and trustworthy. I've spent some time with the claim owner at the claim and he's a descent fellow with failings in the number of dogs he has and the strength of his favorite drink. In Advance - Thank you for your inputs!! 63bkpkr

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Is it a 'patented claim',meaning does the land go with it including all mineral,oil,gas rights?If not,it's probably not worth it to any large mining outfit.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey 63
i been working on the place to sell the house and lookin for someone to buy my mining supply shop, had enough of Sonoma County, may even sell my placer claims
how much money we talkin about?
is it a placer, lode or patent claim?

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Gentlemen,
My eyes are truly not really awake but here goes. This is a piece of national forest that the claim owner has registered a claim on. I THINK that means he has rights to the mineral content only and has the ability to use the land with restrictions issued by the forest service. I really do not believe it is a Patent Claim though I will confirm that with him.

This would be considered a Placer claim as the gold is in ancient riverbeds BUT one must tunnel to get to the old rivers. The historical mines both have water issues, the water must be pumped out to keep the mines clear. The claim is above the North Fork of the Middle Fork of the American River and the area still has a high gold content. Historical records talk about fist sized nuggets but that is after one has spent substantial funds to drive tunnels down to and then along the ancient river beds and the riverbeds are cemented in place with mineral deposits so they must be broken up to remove the materials. This claim will require some heavy duty work and equipment so it is no small undertaking!

I do not own the claim, I'm just trying to help the old fella out.

Thank you for your questions, 63bkpkr

jbarker52

May 19, 2010
If the claim in on National Forest land it is an unpatented claim with many restrictions. I have a claim in Arizona in the Bradshaw Nat. Forest and I can only use a shovel, pick, and a pan. Not even a sluice. I doubt any commercial mining company wants anything to do with a Nat. Forest Claim!!!

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all who are considering this kind of mining venture......please read

I have years of experience in this exact type of underground channel mining..... IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE...usually much more than real hard rock mining, since you will be tunneling through somewhat cemented river gravel...explosives will need to be used, and the trick is to "bump" the gravels enough to loosen them up within the confines of the width and height of your tunnel...but yet not such a hard bump to loosen the entire river channel structure above you...I really requires a very seasoned underground explosives expert to be on staff...

Then in some instances, it may require to place a forest of timbers inside the mine..called..."sets"... to keep the "back" (the roof or ceiling) from caving in..and even more possible is the need to line the walls with slats of wood to keep the walls from slipping in....

This type of mining is FAR more expensive and dangerous than driving a tunnel through hard rock...of which I have done both...the chances of a cave in within a hard rock mine are mush less than an underground channel mine...

And being on either Forest Service or BLM land, you may encounter some serious issues with permits....... Once, 20 or so years ago, I had an underground channel mine like this one, shut down in California because 120 miles away, in a different county, different geological structure...an underground channel mine with a similar Plan of Operation and history had arsenic and lead in solution in it's water coming from the side wall piss ditch running out of the mine.....my mine water was clear and clean...(The "piss" ditch is used to ventilate the mine) it cost me about 2 months of time and several thousands of dollars to win an appeal, even though my mine and the problem mine were 120 miles apart... (Downieville, CA and Placerville, CA).....but that is the power of the California Water Resources Board....This is no joke..it really happened to me in 1989-90.. the California WRB concern was that my mine was just above the drinking water supply of a small town ..and what would happen if my mine water started having problems....so they compared my mine to one 120 miles away...

I usually am not this vocal with a negative tone... but these mines are not for the beginner miner...and you had better have a rather large pocket book...I would hate to see someone inexperienced get seriously hurt because they didn't understand what they were getting into...I assure you, there is much more here than what meets the eye...and it may be more than you can handle.... no matter how rich it is....Been there and done that...

Klondike...

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Klondike,
Thank you for your input!!!! Your comments are quite Eye Opening!!!! You've covered so many "interesting" be careful items and I'd guess you've only hit the most obvious ones.

From what you stated I'd suspect this would be true for any ancient riverbed mine even one that has been in operation for many years let alone a brand new start from scratch venture. The delicate blasting requirements alone could be a make it or break it situation with each detonation. Why would the walls slip out, just because they are not real rock but old riverbed chunks?

63bkpkr

Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks...

Not many folks can jump from learning to drive a car and then the next week go out and race a Formula 1 car for real... Well, jumping from prospecting to that kind of mining is about as large a leap...

I was fortunate back in the day..and an older, well experienced miner taught me everything he knew...about under ground mining...unfortunately he passed away about 25 years ago...

My first one was under an old, but very large land slide that forced the North Fork of the Yuba River over for about 800 yards....We were within 50 feet of the river... drove a decline portal in about 70 feet at 2 degrees..through very loose gravel....placing what seemed like a complete forest of timbers to keep the loose gracel from shifting..turned the tunnel downward at the contact of bedrock and developed a large room, where we pumped about 1,000,000 gallons of water every 12 hours to keep the Yuba River out of our tunnel... once we in about 400 feet, a small cave-in revealed a main haulage tunnel dug by the men of about 1850...somehow the old miners had figured it out...It was the most dangerous underground mine I've ever been in.. due to all the work by the old timers... we abandoned the tunnel...almost trapped a whole crew under water when power went out for several hours during a major storm......

There are many things to consider when you go under ground... it's an unnatural place to be for us humans...

Good luck to you...

Klondike...

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Klondike,
I'd prefer to not even go underground when it is "My Time". I've been in a few mines on the west coast, some were a bit spooky like noticing how the space between the mine car track just swallowed up the beam of the flashlight. On "close inspection" it was noted there was no ground between the rails just the empty air of the tunnel below. Your Yuba experience sounds like a million or more interesting stories are involved in that venture, any pictures?

63bkpkr

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
63bkpkr said:
Hi All,
I've met "an Old Timer" who's reached the limits of his strength/age barrier and would like to sell his gold claim. The claim involves a historic tunnel into an ancient riverbed, a newer tunnel into another historic riverbed and two new proposed locations where a shaft would need to be dropped into/through three ancient riverbeds. In other words, some serious cash and WORK will be needed to break into the new locations and the historic locations have some problems involving them so only the new sites should be considered possibly viable. The actual mining area is seriously rich with deposits of gold.

What reliable mining companies should he contact to begin talks with about the sale? In this business there are many phony mines as well as mining companies so Please, pass on info on companies that you KNOW are reliable and trustworthy. I've spent some time with the claim owner at the claim and he's a descent fellow with failings in the number of dogs he has and the strength of his favorite drink. In Advance - Thank you for your inputs!! 63bkpkr

Here is the name of a reliable claim broker who would represent him and list the claim for sale (for a fee of course) ask for "Jeff" tell him "Buddy/GoodyGuy from Indiana" recommended him, his phone #602-694-4333 http://www.goldoutwest.com/

GG~

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodGuy,
Thanks so much! This old fellow will be very happy when I share your post with him!! Thanks again, 63bkpkr

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jbarker52,

I'm interested in what you said - By Bradshaw National Forest - can I assume you mean the Prescott National Forest, Bradshaw Mountain area?

Beth

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mrs.oroblanco said:
jbarker52,

I'm interested in what you said - By Bradshaw National Forest - can I assume you mean the Prescott National Forest, Bradshaw Mountain area?

Beth

Yep - "Prescott." Here is a look at the lower Bradshaw Mountains, from just north of Lake Pleasant, to Humbug Creek, and the Pero Bonito Gold Mine. The first two-minutes of the video, compress an hour of dust-eating dirt roads into the foothills - Enjoy! (I hope..)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
Yep - "Prescott." Here is a look at the lower Bradshaw Mountains, from just north of Lake Pleasant, to Humbug Creek, and the Pero Bonito Gold Mine. The first two-minutes of the video, compress an hour of dust-eating dirt roads into the foothills - Enjoy! (I hope..)

Absolutely loved it Terry!
Next time I'm in AZ I'll give you a call. Spoke to you last year by telephone and once through e-mail concerning research on a claim in the Superstitions offered by a company called Gold out West. You were very good to deal with. Honest and personable with a wealth of information, much appreciated.

I'm Buddy from Indiana in case you remember, if not, doesn't matter.

Go for the gold,
Goodyguy~

thinstatic

Aug 27, 2011
Re: Gold Mining Claim to Sell need info - ditto, but buy, not sell

Anyone know what a NOPA is, or how I should write one up? I'm guessing its Notice of Proposed Action...

I'm trying to arrange the purchase of a patented claim from someone. She currently has power of attorney, just managing the property liquidation since the owner passed away. However, her attorney told her in order to sell thge claim, she would need a NOPA.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOI= notice of intent--all thats ever needed to start any small op or POO=plan of operation-massive undertaking including all data pertaining to the op AND OPEN TO PUBLIC SCRUTINY AND SMARA(surface mining rewclaimation act) and then the vegetable soup bs kicks in with public hearing,reclaimation bonds,specific performance bonds and after you spend a year--spend a fortune any idjet can object-injunct and close ya down anyhow. Keep it lean,mean,small,quiet and do your thang nice and quiet like and prosper righteously----John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread