Gold mining concentrator

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

**please note this is not an avertisement**

After a previous thread on here that turned into discussions about concentrator I thought I would start a new thread on the topic. At my mine, I currently run 6 mills with concentrators / separators or what ever term you wish to call them. I use the same concentrators for all my machines and earlier this week I decided to do a test.

I ran already crushed sand through my regrind ball mill (to ensure a large proportion of fine gold) and then through a concentrator with NO mercury. I pushed the fins close to the coil bowl and seems the job is done. Later on I added a drip feed of dishwasher to ensure the water surface broken to ensure no fines sticking to it.

Regular test pans showed no visible gold so seems to be working. These machines including my modifications cost $900 from a new supplier, old supplier for the same machine was $1200.

I see many concentrators advertised for silly amounts of money. This is one for the small scale operator. Your thoughts guys?

Here is a video

Dacia

Greenie
Jan 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m looking exactly for this machines but for alluvial under 4 mm ,can you please paste a link to the supplier?
In pm is ok to.

Thank you

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m looking exactly for this machines but for alluvial under 4 mm ,can you please paste a link to the supplier?
In pm is ok to.

Thank you

Hi. I don’t know which country your in but mine are made by a friend here in Zimbabwe. I have seen many of these made in China also, they do a decent job if you made modifications. Can I maybe suggest a site such as alibaba or similar. Please understand I don’t want this post to be seen as a promotion or advertisement but as a constructive discussion on affordable yet effective means of recovering gold for the small scale operator.

Dacia

Greenie
Jan 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm in Europe ,here centrifuges are unknown and granulation under 1 mm so only good for exploit with centrifuges .

i contacted more producers that build such low and high g centrifuges but until now infos are not that clear and trustful ,most of them ,i think,put in specs allot more t/h as the machines can separate at a good recovery rate .

I found 2 possible options that are more realistic regarding price but it seams is nobody there to give real feedback from tests but tech seams ok, i refer to flexicone Australia high G centrifuge that uses an flexible cone pressed by 3 rollers so the cone have almost a triangular shape when it rotates creating the fluid bed effect with no extra clean water needed and to LNW Engineering bowl (i'm waiting his answer on this forum) .

If any of you worked with 1 of this centrifuges pleas give feedback .

Other well know centrifuges like falcon,hi g,knelson,etc have insane prices like 50 to 100 k for above 20 t/h and be ready to add more 20 to 30 t/h clean water for fluid bed also got an offer 143 k $ for a giro bowl .

So we need as much infos a possible .

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dacia have you looked at "spiral concentrators", I don't have much info about them but I have seen them in operation and I know of them being used on Snake River gold in Idaho which has very fine gold. This is from the Science Direct website. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/spiral-concentrators
(Wash waterless-spirals reportedly offer lower cost, easier operation, and simplified maintenance, and have been installed at several gold and tin processing plants.)
And this.
(The advantages that modem spirals offer are simple construction requiring little maintenance, low capital cost and low operating cost - no reagents required, no dense media losses occur, low operating personnel required.)
Desliming is probably necessary but I think that can be done by using a cyclone.

Dacia

Greenie
Jan 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dacia have you looked at "spiral concentrators", I don't have much info about them but I have seen them in operation and I know of them being used on Snake River gold in Idaho which has very fine gold. This is from the Science Direct website. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/spiral-concentrators
(Wash waterless-spirals reportedly offer lower cost, easier operation, and simplified maintenance, and have been installed at several gold and tin processing plants.)
And this.
(The advantages that modem spirals offer are simple construction requiring little maintenance, low capital cost and low operating cost - no reagents required, no dense media losses occur, low operating personnel required.)
Desliming is probably necessary but I think that can be done by using a cyclone.

I did but not what I’m looking for

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

**please note this is not an avertisement**

After a previous thread on here that turned into discussions about concentrator I thought I would start a new thread on the topic. At my mine, I currently run 6 mills with concentrators / separators or what ever term you wish to call them. I use the same concentrators for all my machines and earlier this week I decided to do a test.

I ran already crushed sand through my regrind ball mill (to ensure a large proportion of fine gold) and then through a concentrator with NO mercury. I pushed the fins close to the coil bowl and seems the job is done. Later on I added a drip feed of dishwasher to ensure the water surface broken to ensure no fines sticking to it.

Regular test pans showed no visible gold so seems to be working. These machines including my modifications cost $900 from a new supplier, old supplier for the same machine was $1200.

I see many concentrators advertised for silly amounts of money. This is one for the small scale operator. Your thoughts guys?

Here is a video

Hey do you have any more pictures of the bowls themselves?

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dacia what are you looking for a separator for? Tons per hour? Alluvial or hard rock mining?

Dacia

Greenie
Jan 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dacia what are you looking for a separator for? Tons per hour? Alluvial or hard rock mining?

A centrifuge,high or low g,for some 20 t/h sand under 4 mm alluvial

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok. The small separators I use handle up to three tons per hour

Dacia

Greenie
Jan 24, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,all neffco do about 3 t/h ,LNW do 12 t/h they say ...

OP
OP
P

pczim

Jan 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And here is the cleanup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions