frankendime
Hero Member
- #1
Thread Owner
This is where I bought my last one, he's the cheapest on Ebay in the US. 6 Gold Testing Acid Jewelry Test Kit and Scratch Stone Detect Check Metals LOT | eBay
BTW- Your gold guy is getting a good deal paying you 63% or so of spot price. Not as bad as some of them out there though, I guess.
Shhhh... quiet, your not supposed to let the cat out of the bag.Last week out of curiosity I looked up gold filled scrap on ebay. Sure enough even gold filled scrap goes for decent money. I am starting to stockpile pieces of GF jewelry and see if I can move a lot when I get about 100 grams or so. Of course I need to pick it up cheap enough to be worth while but if I can get a piece for a dollar and it weighs 5 grams or better I think it will pay off nicely. I did pick up a pair of 1/10 12k gf glasses the other day for $2.50. They weigh 21 grams with the lenses in them. GF scrap seems to be just as good as 925 scrap these days.
So GF is about a dollar a gram?Last week out of curiosity I looked up gold filled scrap on ebay. Sure enough even gold filled scrap goes for decent money. I am starting to stockpile pieces of GF jewelry and see if I can move a lot when I get about 100 grams or so. Of course I need to pick it up cheap enough to be worth while but if I can get a piece for a dollar and it weighs 5 grams or better I think it will pay off nicely. I did pick up a pair of 1/10 12k gf glasses the other day for $2.50. They weigh 21 grams with the lenses in them. GF scrap seems to be just as good as 925 scrap these days.
Midwest advertises as- "All gold-filled material purchased outright at 7% of the spot price PER POUND."So GF is about a dollar a gram?
no marking on the inside of the nose bridge? or the inside of the arms?
congrats, 99.5% are GF