What's new

Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Seabiscuit

Full Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
121
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow
Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

I thought I would show you all some of my better finds from the past.
I found this Gold thimble at a 1700's house back in 1996. I also found this 1736 VOC coin near by the same day!
The Gold thimble made the Best finds of 1996 issue of W&E magazine. You can click here to see the write up.
http://www.treasurenet.com/cgi-bin/...how?_id=6e38&sort=DEFAULT&search=+year:"1996"
Also, here is a Silver thimble I found at another site in 1992.
I will post more of my finds from the past soon so check back.
I hope you enjoy seeing these!
Seabiscuit
 

Attachments

  • Gold Thimble 1.webp
    Gold Thimble 1.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,381
  • Gold Thimble 2.webp
    Gold Thimble 2.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 1736 VOC coin found 3 16 96.webp
    1736 VOC coin found 3 16 96.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,373
  • 1736 VOC coin Back.webp
    1736 VOC coin Back.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,397
  • silver thimble.webp
    silver thimble.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,379
Upvote 0
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

SPEACHLESS!!! And that's saying a lot from me!
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Outstanding Floyd!!! :hello2: :thumbsup:
Those thimbles are incredible.
Great finds buddy.
-Doug-
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Beautiful thimbles, why can i only find copper ones :wink:,interesting Dutch east indi's coin as well
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

WOW!!......First gold thimble I've seen.
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

tymcmurray said:
SPEACHLESS!!! And that's saying a lot from me!
Well Thanks Ty for saying so much! LOL! :D

ModernMiner said:
Outstanding Floyd!!! :hello2: :thumbsup:
Those thimbles are incredible.
Great finds buddy.
-Doug-
Thank You Doug! :icon_thumleft:

derfel said:
Beautiful thimbles, why can i only find copper ones :wink:,interesting Dutch east indi's coin as well
Thanks!

lookindown said:
WOW!!......First gold thimble I've seen.

Thanks, it was the first one I had seen also!
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Very nice :icon_thumleft:
Ornate also...

Blaze
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

:o :o :o

Bloody hell :o both of those thimbles would be Banner finds :icon_thumleft: outstanding :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Now that is some thimble, gold is so hard to find, finding something like that is a real pleasure. The silver thimble is a nice find as well. Brian C.
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Whoa man, those are nice!
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Gold thimble! Wow,never have seen one posted. :o :o :o
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

I have never used the word killer on a thimble find but it applies here!
 
Re: Gold & Silver Thimbles And 1736 Coin!

Great thimbles!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom