Gold Well Vortex Sluice

Wow!!! Took me a while to read entire thread with all the posts. Found myself getting upset at the beginning. Didn't realize there was a somebody trying to sabotage another person at first. Started hearing other testimonials, and ended up reading entire thing. Although there were several valid point on both side of the fence, my biggest hang up was size of equiptment and having to classify(1/4")
As a consumer I'm always trying to find the best deal, but if a product is exceeding everybody's expectations its harder for me to squabble about a price. I don't need a Ferrari, I'll take whatever gets me from the gold fields and back. Ferrari's still get dead batteries. I think there are other products that get just as good of results on the market for less $, however u get what u pay for... It's easy for me to say its an unreasonable price when I didn't have to engineer it, and bust my knuckles to produce it. If I don't have to classify, I may be willing to buy one. I'd like to see how it rates against some of the competition, but its not completely necessary. If its endorsed by some of u guys, I think that should be good enough for me.

The statement to classify that was put in the manual was to appease those who believe that 'classification is the only way to get the most gold' etc. This has not been proven in my sluice, I do not classify and the new manual states that we have found no measurable difference regarding classifying or not classifying materials. The only consideration is that to run large rock through the sluice one has to run more water, so a larger pump.

I knew the day I had the 1st successful run of my Khrysos Vortex sluice design, (after failing developing dozens of other designs); that I needed to patent it, or give it away! Plus it is in its infancy here in this video & will be years before the 1st industrial version developed & marketed. It's called math!

Your sluice looks too heavy to carry into the canyons... I watched the videos and I don't see a practical use for the Khrysos in the field because of the size. It would be nice to see it running in a river and not under a controlled situation at home with a pump. But since this is the Gold Well topic thread, you should start a new one for yourself because even though your sluice design has merit, the Gold Well has already proven itself as a workhorse in the field. The music in the one video quickly got it muted :)

Your sluice looks too heavy to carry into the canyons... I watched the videos and I don't see a practical use for the Khrysos in the field because of the size. It would be nice to see it running in a river and not under a controlled situation at home with a pump. But since this is the Gold Well topic thread, you should start a new one for yourself because even though your sluice design has merit, the Gold Well has already proven itself as a workhorse in the field. The music in the one video quickly got it muted :)

Reed, Very Gold Well Said.

I know this is an older post .... BUT I saw this and thought I would share it. I bought there 12" have been very impressed with it. Gold Well is Offering 20% off only through Monday. I was so impressed with the GWS that I sold my Gold Cube and am selling my Gold Hog Stacking Unit ($900 + shipping).
So for those that think they are expensive and wanted one here is the link
http://www.hmresearch.net/#!online-store/c1efi

I know this is an older post .... BUT I saw this and thought I would share it. I bought there 12" have been very impressed with it. Gold Well is Offering 20% off only through Monday. I was so impressed with the GWS that I sold my Gold Cube and am selling my Gold Hog Stacking Unit ($900 + shipping).
HM Research - Manufacturer of the Gold Well Vortex Drop Riffle Sluice

Still outta my range...:-\

HM Research - Manufacturer of the Gold Well Vortex Drop Riffle Sluice

I almost got the 12" Goldwell when I put my highbanker together but I just couldn't justify the price. I have no doubt the Goldwell is a very good sluice but as someone who can't do this full time I would have to make up for an awful lot of lost gold before it paid for itself. If I was mining full time and putting together a Highbanker I would go with the Goldwell.

Rdg, the Gold Well Sluice pays for themselves pretty quick with all the extra Fine and Micro gold they catch.

Rdg, the Gold Well Sluice pays for themselves pretty quick with all the extra Fine and Micro gold they catch.

...of course that is only true IF there is enough -100 and -200 gold to matter in your paydirt. Otherwise I would go with something cheaper like a Bazooka Goldtrap sluice which costs half as much or less!

I am just not buying it. While the Goldwell may catch more micron gold than my current unit, its not like my current unit doesnt catch any. In fact my current unit does very well on micron gold and the whole unit inc the pump cost me less than just the Goldwell Sluice..... that would be one hell of a lot of micron gold. Again I think the Goldwell is very good just out of my league.

I wish I lived in a area that I didn't have any flour and micron gold and only had to worry about the big stuff .... lol

But, I don't. And most others don't either.

Sadly enough, a lot of the "traditional" sluices blowout a lot of the flour and micron gold. Most wouldn't know that they are "losing" the flour and micron gold without modifying their sluices or customizing them or purchasing a hybrid sluice such as the Gold Well.

Fact is, Mike Pung (and other educated scholars) stated 90% of the world's gold is flour and micron. :-(

I was posting the post for the rest of us that deal with the flour and micron gold. Because that is what we have. The "big stuff" (fines and nugs) is easy to catch ... all sluices catch those. The Gold Well Sluice excells at catching the flour and micron gold where 90% of the gold is.

Last edited:
IMG_13715573352487.jpeg

I guess that flour and micron gold does add up after all. ;-)

Good one vlay diggins....

800 mesh is around 15 microns
1000 mesh is around 12/13 microns

IMG_13865922687204.jpeg
Gold caught with the Gold Well Sluice in quantity.

Maybe we should change the description of the tiny gold that we find to ATSTS, "almost too small to see" rather than call it micron gold.

After reading many, many posters describe their gold as "micron" in size, in this and several other gold forums, I have come to the conclusion that one mans micron is another mans nugget and that neither is even close to the actual size of a micron which is 0.000039" which is a about half the size of bacteria according to this table http://www.netafimusa.com/files/literature/wastewater/Mesh-vs-Micron.pdf
Here is a description of what real micro gold is like and is currently being mined at great profit by several different companies.
Carlin?type gold deposit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Arizau, I agree with you on what OTHERS may call micron

That is the reason why I like to post pics of the gold caught by the Gold Well Sluice.

IMG_13865922687204.jpeg

The Gold Well is becoming more noticed by other lode miners, because of what it does in the speed and rate of recovery of the crushed ore other than chemical extraction with cyanide and aquaregia and other toxic and poisonous chemicals.

Last edited:
Don't know why, but every post I read from an owner of a
Gold Well sluice sounds more like a sales ad than a description
of their experiences.

Mike: It takes a hellofa lot of that -200/-300 gold to add up to
much. Enough to cover the bottom of a pan might look like a lot,
but when you weigh it up you've got 1/10th gram..takes whole bunches
of those 1/10th gram days to make up for the $200-$400 difference
in cost.

JMHO, of course.

Don't know why, but every post I read from an owner of a
Gold Well sluice sounds more like a sales ad than a description
of their experiences.

Mike: It takes a hellofa lot of that -200/-300 gold to add up to
much. Enough to cover the bottom of a pan might look like a lot,
but when you weigh it up you've got 1/10th gram..takes whole bunches
of those 1/10th gram days to make up for the $200-$400 difference
in cost.

JMHO, of course.

Thanks Dizz thats exactly what I was trying to say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back