What's new

Golden Umax notch feature

jtnjetta

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Vaquero, golden Umax,Compadre
could someone give a better explanation than the on line from Tesoro.

Can't seem to see a difference when I turn it on and off.
 
thanx for looking I found the info elewhere
 
I was watching this to see what the answer was. Sorry I couldn't help, I'm sure everyone is in my shoes and just didn't know the answer. Tesoro has a very good customer service. That would have been the first place I'd of called. Keep us updated on your finds with that Golden. It's one machine you don't hear alot about.

Good Luck
Randy
 
Notch discrimination can be used either to reject a narrow band of targets (a notch reject), or to respond to a narrow band of targets (a notch accept). It is usually used to reject pull-tabs while still finding small coins and gold target that do not have the same response as pull-tabs. The notch level control generates a 'window signal' whose width is set by a small component on the PC board. This 'notch window' can be moved up and down the discrimination range until it properly covers the desired range of target response.

If the detector is being used to eliminate the response to the pull-tabs, you must remember that any good targets which have the same phase response as pull-tabs, and which therefore fall within the same window, will also be eliminated. Such good targets consist mainly of gold items and rings.

The 'notch accept' feature can be used to tune the detector to a particular type of item, such as a known type of ring. The detector will then only find items which fall within that narrow notch window.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom