What's new

Good luck

nyiangelo

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
639
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I've had this for awhile. Just now getting to clean it up. I've always thought it could be something to hang a coat or hat on. It's from an 1860 site. You can see that where the nails or screws go it is beveled in so that they will be flush. Also the piece that sticks out is broken. Good luck
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    42.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 263
I sort of reminds me of a couple of horse or mule shoes we have dug that were for winter snow and ice.. had either small spikes or a big round piece of iron on the bottom.. this is smaller.. maybe a winter heal plate of some kind?? I'm just guessing.. but it reminds me of those??

MB
 
Upvote 0
It could be a mount for almost anything. :dontknow: Very heavy duty. Maybe from a wagon or tractor or other farm equipment.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
oil lamps had a hanging device but they were more bend i think

actually now i see them more of a slot or hole to hang the lamp bracket on.
 
Upvote 0
looks like the bottom part of a foot pedal for a shoe shine box
 
Upvote 0
Like I said I've always thought it was some sort of hanger. But what gets me is why the indention in the top? Why wouldn't it just be a square piece? Makes me wonder if it slid into something.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom