What's new

Good score today W/Pix: rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
Took a ride to get a box I had ordered and it yielded...(1)...1964 and (6)...40%ers. Not bad, I thought, but now had to dump off the clad. Decided to drive to some "out of the way" branches of my bank so I don't "over do it" at my usual dump spots. Dropped off three $300 at one place and then drove to another bank about five miles down the road and dropped off the rest. Asked the teller if she happened to have any other half dollars. She said she had five rolls that someone brought in last week. I picked them up and felt right away that they might contain some silver due to the weight. When I got in the car I wasn't disappointed. The five rolls contained....(1) Ben,......
(32)....1964's and, (23).....40%er's. The Ben and many of the 1964's were in excellent condition.
Has been quite awhile since I've gotten "good" customer wrapped rolls. Lit my cigar and thought about that little squirrel I helped feed the other day. I think he just paid me back for my kindness.
Hope the pix come out okay and inspire the readers. The top row in my hand are all the 1964's. It's out there for us. Ya Just have to be patient and lucky.
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • 0209011526_0002.webp
    0209011526_0002.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 0209011528_0003.webp
    0209011528_0003.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 508
Upvote 0
Good score!! Nice to know some of us are still finding Bling! :laughing7:
 
Congratulations Sir, well done. :icon_thumleft: That could have been sitting in a old shoebox somewhere for the last 30 years.
 
i'm gettin old!

time flies...30 years sounds like a long time ago but that just goes back to friggin 1981!
 
Rileyboy,
Really happy for you. That is one heck of a score! :hello2:
Steve
 
That's a heck of a dumping trip. :icon_thumright:

The box was no dud either.

HH

Nick
 
Productive dump trip for sure! :icon_thumleft:
 
Posts like this make me smile.

I would think someone was playing a joke on me if I found that haul.

BIG SCORE! :icon_thumright:
 
Excellant score. I cant wait to start CRH again. I have about two more weeks under water and it will be time to start again. once again great score.
 
Re: i'm gettin old!

Great find, I know it was a picture just like that one that inspired me to start hitting the banks, got me that big score. so keep it coming guys!
 
Yep, it was the squirrel! :icon_sunny: Wow, that is some pile o' silver there Rileyboy. Enjoy that cigar!

You never fail to make me smile or laugh. Those are always good days.

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Those finds are getting very rare now. BUT...you never know.
AND...That $10 cigar was a winner too! Could afford it yesterday.
Stay well all,
rileyboy
 
:o Way to go! What's that, $320 from a pretty good hobby?! Congrats.! Go buy a treat...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom