What's new

Good teller, Gooood teller!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Went bank hopping today between work meetings. First stop, the teller says she has $500 in the vault along with $2 in her tray. She says I can look at it first. So she comes back with a brinks box filled with re-rolled brinks wrapped coin. I tell her I better pass on those, she then grabs the $2 from her tray and ask about these. Silver shines back and I gladly accept those. :icon_thumright:

Next stop is the BOA which is in the same small shopping center area. I ask the teller about halves and she says no then another chimes in that she has one. She then reaches into her draw and grabs an envelope and pours it into her hand. I am a bit stunned as I watch silver edged dollars roll into her hand. I say I'll take those too and she says OK. Two Morgans, 1921 and 1884 and a 1922-s Peace dollar. I also see a vinegar soaked Buffalo nickel which I take and then I am totally befuddled as I see a copper nickel 1866 three cent coin in really nice condition. She looks at it and says "Do you want this 1866 dime?". "OK" I say as I wondered for a moment if she was going to charge me three cents ;D. There were also a couple Ikes tossed in that were BU but nothing special. I just told her to give me it all. Oh yea, there was also that 1969 half dollar that she was originally looking for. Wow, not a bad ten minute break from work. :headbang:

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
I love the three cent pieces. If you want to trade it for some silver let me know!

Great haul that's a banner day!
 
Never mind I don't think I could afford that. That's a NICE coin!
 
Congrats! I need tellers like that in my town! Ones without fangs. ffd
 
Ok nevermind the nevermind. I looked at the silver prices not the nickle. If you want to trade it let me know! Lol
 
Jim,

What a great score. That's the best one I've heard of in what seems like a long time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Very nice, indeed!!!!
Congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
It's my first Morgan and Peace found CRH. They are both in great AU condition and the 3 cent piece is about xf-40. Sorry Cherryman68 - need it for my CRH type collection.

Maine_Jim
 
I seem to get a nice find about once a month. It also seems like they come out of nowhere, totally unexpected and do make this hobby fun. Often they are not what you are even looking for but you have to be ready to pounce on the opportunity. :icon_thumright: An example was when I noticed a local grocery store had new cents. I asked where they got them then quickly made the bank loop and scored a number of boxes. I sold them all on ebay for ridiculous money then bought some key date Indian Cents. :headbang: I wouldn't have known about this without this forum so thanks goes out to all the old timers that have come and gone and now maybe lurk a bit.

Maine_Jim
 
Nice pickup Jim. Got some pictures to show us? I would love to see the 1866 3 cent.
 
Wow, Must happen only in Maine. I have yet to even see a silver dollar in someones tray or anywhere else than a dealers table around here. Awesome day. That teller needs a box of chocolates.

Golden Silver
 
Yes please get some pics up!
 
First try at pictures failed. The 3 cent piece is about the size of a dime and every picture was just a blur. I may need to find a tripod to get this one! The dollars are pretty typical AU coins with a little luster and some scratches and dings. Actually in nice shape. The Buffalo is dateless and ugly. I'll give the photo attempt another try after work.

Maine_Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom