deepskyal
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Aug 17, 2007
- Messages
- 1,927
- Reaction score
- 62
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Natrona Heights, Pa.
- Detector(s) used
- White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Was doing some new overlays on Google Earth last night and the dreaded "boxed-red X" showed up on some of my older overlays.
I've had this happen before when I installed the newer version and figured they were lost in translation so I just deleted them.
Again, I deleted them, figuring maybe a glitch in Google Eath had something to do with it.
For those of you that use the overlay feature, you know it takes a bit of work to get those streets and features to line up properly then adding your descriptions, etc. That was some work I lost in my last bit of frustration and knee-jerk response of deleting them.
I did a search today and discovered the boxed red X was my fault. In organizing files on my computer, I moved the reference maps and pictures to other files so when I launched Google Earth, it couldn't find the file location where it was originally.
From this point on, I'm making a seperate file for my overlays so all the reference maps and such will stay in one place.
I could have simply checked the properties to see where the overlay reference was suppose to be, found it and put it back to where Google Earth thought it was.
Lesson learned. Just hate the thought of those overlays that I spent so much time on being gone, simply from frustration.
Al
I've had this happen before when I installed the newer version and figured they were lost in translation so I just deleted them.
Again, I deleted them, figuring maybe a glitch in Google Eath had something to do with it.
For those of you that use the overlay feature, you know it takes a bit of work to get those streets and features to line up properly then adding your descriptions, etc. That was some work I lost in my last bit of frustration and knee-jerk response of deleting them.
I did a search today and discovered the boxed red X was my fault. In organizing files on my computer, I moved the reference maps and pictures to other files so when I launched Google Earth, it couldn't find the file location where it was originally.
From this point on, I'm making a seperate file for my overlays so all the reference maps and such will stay in one place.
I could have simply checked the properties to see where the overlay reference was suppose to be, found it and put it back to where Google Earth thought it was.
Lesson learned. Just hate the thought of those overlays that I spent so much time on being gone, simply from frustration.
Al







