What's new

Got 2 points today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on a hunt today and didnt bring my glasses. I can see in a distance but up close is a problem. I found a point and didnt know the type so I sent 2 pictures out and I got no reply so I called. I dont know who got the pics, lol. And then I called Gatorboy which I didnt mean to do either. He called me back and then I sent him the pic. I went looking again and when he sent me the text I couldnt see so I got close to the ground trying to view it and BAM another point. I have heard that before when GB has called somebody else before. I cant remember who it was. I wonder if everyone should call GatorBoy when they are hunting? Anyway here they are and thanks for the I.D. on these GB. Thanks, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_3067.webp
    100_3067.webp
    138.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_3068.webp
    100_3068.webp
    154.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_3069.webp
    100_3069.webp
    136.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_3075.webp
    100_3075.webp
    148.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_3070.webp
    100_3070.webp
    116.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_3066.webp
    100_3066.webp
    286.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like you had a good day! :icon_thumright:
 
Anytime! Haha.. I did that to BirdpointGriswald once.. its on video.. I will try to post the link.
 
Those are nice! I love the color of the one in the last pic.

Yeah that was a strange one. Thats the one I found when GB sent me the text. It has some of the original cortex left on both sides. It has a short stem due to the size of the cobble they chipped it from. Some call it a Snapped Base Kirk. Its the first one I have ever found. Thank you for the comment.
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Great finds w/o glasses. I'm sorry, but you post is just hysterical! I PANIC when I forget my glasses- having the same disability as you- and a hunt is nearly 'pointless' (pun intended). Can't use phone (can't see buttons/keys), can't see flakes, points or much of anything unless I crawl on the ground... So I just started chuckling as I read your intro- and then just laughed out loud. Good job- I wouln't have been able to find my own boots! HH!
Yak
 
Nice finds Rock. I like to find points with some rind on them also. It helps with the material ID.
 
nice ones Rock. I really like the flaking on the one in the fourth pic. Did you find these in the new field you were telling me about?
 
Rock you had a nice weekend. I have been on the lake all weekend fishing. Got a couple bass and a few artifacts. I was going to post what I found, but yours blow mine away. I love the piece with the outer "rind" of the stone showing. Way to go!!
 
nice ones Rock. I really like the flaking on the one in the fourth pic. Did you find these in the new field you were telling me about?

No I found these on one of the hills. There are 2 hills out there and they were covered with grass a foot thick so he burnt all the grass off of them. I thought that was really nice to do just so I could look for artifacts. He doesnt plant there. The hill these were on I havent ever found anything on or near till he took the grass away. I was shocked and I did find a small quartz scraper there also but didnt post it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom