What's new

Got a call I hoped would NEVER come...but sniffed out a NICE seated dime today.

silverfreak

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2007
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
1,077
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call late last night from my dad...and it was a call I was hoping would never come. The dreaded time is finally here...and his kidneys are down to 9% function. He must go in for emergency surgery very soon to install the port to begin dialysis. ???

We were initially told as soon as Monday or Tuesday of next week...but he is so weak he needs an iron transfusion first...and an abdomen scan....so the surgery will most likely be towards the end of next week.

For cryin' out loud...he just recoverd from a car reck as of 2 days ago. ???

We all knew this day was coming though...and he had been fighting it off for over 1 1/2 years now. While pops has plenty of fight left in him...his kidneys do not.

Life will really change as we know it.

Feel like I just lost mom yesterday...and am not ready to deal with this.

Did two things this morning...ordered a Whites XLT which is one of my all time favorite detectors. My dad always loved it and hunted with me...so I got one on the way. We're gonna' get some nice personal hunt time in while he can...and try to enjoy life. He always liked the xlt...so he's gonna' get one as a present from me. :icon_thumleft:

Second thing I did this morning...went CRAZY with depression worrying about him...what it will do to his very active lifestyle...and also if he will be able to deal with the dialysis properly.

Because of the worrying...I needed an outlet to clear my head and keep the depression from digging any further.I decided to hunt for a few hours...and about 9:30 this morning...off I went.

E-Trac?....SE?...nope...the Explorer 2 looked lonely...and I decided to pop the 12" Sunray coil on it and take it for a spin.

I headed to another beat up park...but absolutely did not care whether I found anything ot not...seriously.

Got nothing the first hour at this park...but I have pulled some nice coins from here...and usually in crap or iron...so I knew the potential was there.

Finally got a crappy injun' sounding hit but it pinpointed 6" away from the center...so I dug a big plug.

I dug sown about 8" and ran the probe...NOTHING. ???

I dug it a little deeper and wider and finally got a hit with the probe way off to the bottom side where a very nice 1902 Injun' showed it's face from 4" back into the side :occasion14: ..so it was on edge.

About an hour later...I had only 3 rusty nails to go along with the Injun' :laughing7: ...but I still had an hour to go.

I then got another squeaker but it hit in only one tiny spot.

Problem is...the last 3 nails I dug hit almost the same way 8) ..but I gave them a shot even though they did not have much "warble" to them.

They also did not give a two way repeating tiny sweet spot signal...they only sounded sweet from one direction...and that's iron 90% of the time.

I like these type of hits. While it was not a two way repeater...I knew this type of hit had a shot at being a coin hiding in iron...because of what I described

I dug down about 9" and saw a big chunk of iron about 3" in diameter. What I saw just barely peeking out made my skin tingle though. :blob1:

I could just slightly make out a tiny spot of silver. In fact I would say about 85% to 90% of this baby was coverd up by the iron...as you can see from the rust stain which all but covers the entire area

The one little "non rusted" area at the top right is all that was not engulfed by the iron. :hello2:
I plucked it out and could see it was going to be a nice one.

I brought it home and wiped it with a little lemon luice to remove the rust stain...and you see what it turned out like...very nice.

I really needed to clear my head this morning...and am so thankful for this hobby. :wink:

I only hope my pops gets to enjoy it with me before he gets any worse. I am just not ready for it.

A few of you have asked me to hunt...and I would love to hunt with many of you...but now you know why I can't travel any distance to do so.

Mom's health got bad...then I lost her. Now Dad's health is deteriorating fast...so it's gonna' be rough all over again.

I just don't like to get too far from home because of his health...just as it was with my mom. :angel7:

Not sure what's gonna'' happen from here...so please keep him in your thoughts.

We only get ONE Mom and Dad fellers' and gals' ...so enjoy them if you still have them to enjoy :angel7: ...and don't ever take them for granted.

Metal detecting can wait...family can't :angel7:
 

Attachments

  • coins127.webp
    coins127.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,550
  • coins128.webp
    coins128.webp
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,539
  • coins129.webp
    coins129.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,542
  • coins317.webp
    coins317.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,539
Upvote 0
:icon_thumright: YES OUR PARENTS ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN SILVER AND GOLD--FOR WHAT WOULD BEING THE WEALTHIEST MAN ON EARTH BE LIKE WITHOUT A PARENT/PARENTS--GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAD-AND WE'LL ALL BE PRAYING FOR HIM...NOW GO FIND SOME SILVER/GOLD WITH YOUR DAD AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVELY. I'VE GOT A FEELING HE'LL LOVE THE NEW XLT!!! THOSE EXPLORERS ARE DYN-O-MITE DETECTORS--SHO-NUFF GOODN'S, AS I'D SAY-HA! NICE OLD DIME AND INDIAN CENT...NOW GET OUT WITH DAD AND CONQUER THE OLD PARK OR WHEVEVER ELSE YA'LL HUNT!!!
 
Not much to say, that hasn't been said already.......just add my prayers to the list...... :angel5:
 
prayers for you and your pops from the house of possum chin up bud you can do it i lost my dad 2 months before my wedding little sister after her 29th bday and mom back in 04 i know how you are feeling we will pray some mighty prayers for your dad he sounds tough as nails a good ole boy
 
Great finds... ;D Seriously though, Sorry to hear about your dad. :'( I hope everything works out. Stay hopeful
 
Nice seated dime .. Sorry to hear your in some stormy waters . The Mrs. and I will keep your pop and family in our thoughts and prayers .Sincerely , hopeful , he can get fixed up and back to normal . Keep the faith , & chin up CMDdawg
 
That's a beautiful Seated but you appreciation and love for ur dad tops that by farr...he will definitely be in my Prayers!!!
 
Prayers sent out from SC..... Nice saves!!
 
i have said a prayer for you and your father. I wish and hope only the best for your father & family. "May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tommorows." best wishes, Jeremy
 
Sort of a hard to read this posting, brings back lots of memories of the family hunts together.

Lost my oldest brother to Kidney failure last October while I was over in England hunting.
Couldn't even make it back in time for the service.

Lost my Dad three years ago this June.
Before that a sister & brother-in-law with ALS.

Hunting together is now cherished in memory, and remembered often.
Take the time to Cherish anytime together now and getting out to hunt, my thoughts go out to you and your father.
 
stillgottawork said:
Not much to say, that hasn't been said already.......just add my prayers to the list...... :angel5:
Will do...and thank you friend :icon_thumleft:

ZINCLID said:
:icon_thumright: YES OUR PARENTS ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN SILVER AND GOLD--FOR WHAT WOULD BEING THE WEALTHIEST MAN ON EARTH BE LIKE WITHOUT A PARENT/PARENTS--GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR DAD-AND WE'LL ALL BE PRAYING FOR HIM...NOW GO FIND SOME SILVER/GOLD WITH YOUR DAD AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVELY. I'VE GOT A FEELING HE'LL LOVE THE NEW XLT!!! THOSE EXPLORERS ARE DYN-O-MITE DETECTORS--SHO-NUFF GOODN'S, AS I'D SAY-HA! NICE OLD DIME AND INDIAN CENT...NOW GET OUT WITH DAD AND CONQUER THE OLD PARK OR WHEVEVER ELSE YA'LL HUNT!!!
Thanks friend. I did get a hunt in with dad before he went in for surgery so I need to get it posted soon.


bigcypresshunter said:
Im sorry Bryce. My Mom just died suddenly from a stroke on April 5 and my Dad is very ill. I stayed a few days with him but he lives out of town. Its great that you can spend some enjoyable time together. Its the last good times that you will always remember.
Thanks for responding...and I'm sorry for the loss of your mom.

Garabaldi said:
Sorry to hear about your dad Bryce. I lost mine a little over a year ago and although we were not very close and he lived in a different country you only have one dad. I hope he is going to be ok. Hang in there and keep talking about it.
Nice dime. :wink:
Thanks Garabaldi. I appreciate it.
 
{Sentinel} said:
That's a beautiful Seated but you appreciation and love for ur dad tops that by farr...he will definitely be in my Prayers!!!
Thanks Sentinel. I truly appreciate it.

CMDiamonddawg said:
Nice seated dime .. Sorry to hear your in some stormy waters . The Mrs. and I will keep your pop and family in our thoughts and prayers .Sincerely , hopeful , he can get fixed up and back to normal . Keep the faith , & chin up CMDdawg
Thanks CMD. He's a strong feller' so I hope so too.

wyattrr said:
Great finds... ;D Seriously though, Sorry to hear about your dad. :'( I hope everything works out. Stay hopeful
Thanks wyatt

olepossum said:
prayers for you and your pops from the house of possum chin up bud you can do it i lost my dad 2 months before my wedding little sister after her 29th bday and mom back in 04 i know how you are feeling we will pray some mighty prayers for your dad he sounds tough as nails a good ole boy
Thanks friend. Pops IS exactly that..."tough as nails" :icon_thumleft:
I appreciate the prayers.
 
pepperj said:
Sort of a hard to read this posting, brings back lots of memories of the family hunts together.

Lost my oldest brother to Kidney failure last October while I was over in England hunting.
Couldn't even make it back in time for the service.

Lost my Dad three years ago this June.
Before that a sister & brother-in-law with ALS.

Hunting together is now cherished in memory, and remembered often.
Take the time to Cherish anytime together now and getting out to hunt, my thoughts go out to you and your father.
Thanks pepper...I appreciate it...and I'm sorry for your losses.

allen said:
Bryce my friend you and your dad will be in my prayers !
If you need to talk, im here for you !
Thank you Allen :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

jsmorleymxt said:
i have said a prayer for you and your father. I wish and hope only the best for your father & family. "May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tommorows." best wishes, Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate it.

buzzgator said:
Prayers sent out from SC..... Nice saves!!

Thanks buzz :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom