What's new

Grape shot?

mainer

Silver Member
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this today along the shore. I thought it was a piece of grape shot? But if it is I have never scene one like it before. The outside is brass I believe, and the inside is lead. Its heavy and measures an inch and 3/4 across it. Anyone got a clue?
 

Attachments

  • grape.webp
    grape.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 325
  • grape2.webp
    grape2.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 310
Grape and Cannister shot are made of iron. I don't know what this is, but it isn't a projectile.

Best Wishes,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Buckles.
 
Upvote 0
Bottom half to a late 19th/early20th century 'Weeble' type toy ??
half a sphere, weighted with lead, Hmmm.
keep em Comin'
 
Upvote 0
Looks like part of a weight from one of those 365 day clocks? Tony
 
Upvote 0
My guess was going to be weight also, but no idea from what.
 
Upvote 0
Well who knows? :dontknow: Thanks for the guesses guys. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom