What's new

Grooved Axe (Todays Find)

Smurufett

Full Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
I have hunted for 15 years and this is my first grooved axe I have ever found. Thought I would share!Providence: Henderson County Texas.:laughing7:


Added a few more pics on page 2.
 

Attachments

  • ax.webp
    ax.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice ax find!! Congrats!!
 
Thanks again. Here are a few more pics from a different camera.Snapshot_20130804_6.webpSnapshot_20130804_7.webpSnapshot_20130804_8.webp
 
Congratulations ! I would be on cloud 9 with an axe like that. Very nice Smurufett
 
Last edited:
I found this one this past weekend. First one for me. I was super stoked!! When I found it was broke I was a bit bummed although still a heart stopper for a few seconds.
 

Attachments

  • image-218013834.webp
    image-218013834.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-638666821.webp
    image-638666821.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3734351247.webp
    image-3734351247.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 80
@ Rockatreer . Lol thats funny I came to this post to copy my pic and post on your orignal post of your find.

And yeah Larson it definately shows promise but no luck the last few days. Well nothing wroth posting. Pottery rim and a few other random flint chips. Not giving up tho.....

Thanks NC. I am still in awe. Maybe thats why I can't find anything else. Need to get my head back in the game.
 
@ Rockatreer . Lol thats funny I came to this post to copy my pic and post on your orignal post of your find.

And yeah Larson it definately shows promise but no luck the last few days. Well nothing wroth posting. Pottery rim and a few other random flint chips. Not giving up tho.....

Thanks NC. I am still in awe. Maybe thats why I can't find anything else. Need to get my head back in the game.

If you like you can put your pottery rim on my post. Id like to see it. Seems like shard finds are going to be the best thing going for me till the winter when I can hunt the fields again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom