What's new

Guess I trespassed

whammy

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
496
Reaction score
391
Golden Thread
0
Location
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks. Went to a school today that I haven't been to in several years. Started heading toward the 50 yard line and kept hearing a chirping or peeping noise, even through the head phones. I looked around and seeing nothing I continued hunting, and kept hearing the chirping. I got to the middle of the 40 yard line and got a decent hit, so I knelt down to dig. About 3 seconds later I heard a whoosh and felt air on my back. This time I took off the head phones and really looked around. I heard the noise above me, looked and there were 2 bald eagles circling me. I looked around again and atop of the field lights was a new nest, and 1 little head peeking out. Guess the male decided that I was to close to the nest and gave me a warning. I left the field area so as to not worry the eagles any more. I found about a buck in clad, but the experience with the eagles was priceless.
 
Great experience guy... Good thing you left because one on one my dime's on the eagle. But I bet it was a priceless experience.
 
Wonder what's going to happen if they have a school football practice game?

There's a pair of nesting eagles in Marshfield , Mass. On a light pole, they don't attack the home owner but do the people's walking by. PD put up barriers and roped off the sidewalk there till the babies fly the coup.

You'd rather have an eagle peep'n and swooshing at you than the grounds keeper or PD Right?
 
A couple miles down the street there were signs up to be wary of the nesting hawks:laughing7:
 
I have a park here that is off limits during spring because of a nesting pair of hawks that have been there for years.
 
Wonder what's going to happen if they have a school football practice game?

There's a pair of nesting eagles in Marshfield , Mass. On a light pole, they don't attack the home owner but do the people's walking by. PD put up barriers and roped off the sidewalk there till the babies fly the coup.

You'd rather have an eagle peep'n and swooshing at you than the grounds keeper or PD Right?

I saw this on the local news, the eagle seemed to have messed up the guy something good.
 
Be careful. I saw a video on the news here, where a hunters recording camera showed an eagle take out a deer. They're fearless.
 
I had one grab a hooked bass. Scared the mess out of me.
 
I have two 'babby' buzzards in my barn. The 'parents' don't buzz you, but they both stand there with there wings spread out when you get near. Don't want to find out if they would attack! Frank...- 111-1 profile.webp
 
Wonder what's going to happen if they have a school football practice game?

There's a pair of nesting eagles in Marshfield , Mass. On a light pole, they don't attack the home owner but do the people's walking by. PD put up barriers and roped off the sidewalk there till the babies fly the coup.

You'd rather have an eagle peep'n and swooshing at you than the grounds keeper or PD Right?

Yeah, an Eagle can give a new meaning to "Run to the End Zone"! It would be great to see and film an Eagle catch a football in the air, right after a kick-off.


Frank
 
Last edited:
that's pretty neat!
 
Hope you know those birds can kill you real quick.I remember reading an article about a young guy that wanted to be a forest ranger.Well he finally became one but,made the mistake of wearing a muskrat hat into the woods.Needless to say his career didnt last long,a great horned owl killed him.
 
I have two 'babby' buzzards in my barn. The 'parents' don't buzz you, but they both stand there with there wings spread out when you get near. Don't want to find out if they would attack! Frank...-View attachment 1026168
baby buzzard are weird looking things aren't they!There is a old abandoned house not far from here where I would always flush out one buzzard every time i went by it.Sometime later on I looked in the door and there was a baby standing in the corner just staring at the floor.Sometime later I went back and it was still there,but a little bigger with more feathers,It spread it wings at me, I guess to make it self look bigger,and was growling!I didn't know birds could growl,but he sure was.Wish I would have got a picture of it.
 
We have turkey vultures around here. I've read that their only defense is projectile vomiting.
Considering what they eat, that has to be gross!!!!
 
Hope you know those birds can kill you real quick.I remember reading an article about a young guy that wanted to be a forest ranger.Well he finally became one but,made the mistake of wearing a muskrat hat into the woods.Needless to say his career didnt last long,a great horned owl killed him.
:laughing7:I couldn't help but to laugh at that one!that cracked me up.:laughing7:Death by the Great horned owl.bet that sucked.
 
Last edited:
I couldn't help but to laugh at that one!that cracked me up.Wearing a muskrat hat

Here you go,I came across the reference to the article i was talking about when i read it in outdoor life a number of years ago.

Great Horned Owl: Silent, Stealthful & Lethal | New York Outdoors Blog

I’ve heard some great owl stories from folks who have spent considerable time in the wilds. Author and naturalist, the late Jack Denton Scott once documented a Great Horned Owl attack on a human. “The man should have known better,” Scott said of the ranger that was attacked. “But there is a lot of boy in man, and the ranger was wearing a muskrat fur cap while making his late afternoon rounds in the wilds of northern Minnesota. He never heard a sound until the fury fell upon him.” The owl apparently targeted the muskrat cap thinking it was something to eat – or maybe not. Mother Nature is not without mistakes, nor does she always play by the rules. The ranger did not survive the attack.
 
My dad had a wild mother cat give birth to 3 kittens in his workshop. The dogs got 2 of them later but the lone female grew up and lived on his deck (still does). A few years ago it didn't come home for almost 3 days. When it did my dad called me to "come see this cat". It could barely walk and had some bad wounds on it hindquarters. So I took it to a vet. Later the vet called and said the cat had deep talon wounds on both sides of its hindquarters. He had shaved both sides and they were clearly visible. Apparently the cat was attacked but was able to fight off the bird of prey. The vet said it was probably picked up... fought while airborne and dropped. It lived... but it took a long time to heal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom