jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
After seeing all the thrift store posts lately I decided to swing by my local GW on the way home from work this evening. Strolled in and it seemed to have more garbage than usual on the shelves. Literally a table of junk piled all around is one of the displays. This reminded me why I don't typically frequent thrift stores. I turned around to browse the aisles and I immediately spotted a sterling candlestick holder. I picked it up and that sucker was heavy! Sticker was covering the mark but I knew exactly what it was. Paid my $2 and left.

Ended up with a "weighted sterling" stamped candlestick holder, no makers mark. 15.5 oz total so you figure roughly 1.5 oz of sterling!

Attachments

• IMG_3621.JPG
    IMG_3621.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 77

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like one I picked up quite a while ago at a consignment place. They had a pair listed for $7, but only one of them was there. The lady the other probably was stolen, they had a problem with silver stuff getting lifted. She asked me if I wanted just the one for $2.50. "Uhhhh...yeah!"

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Yea finally is right, nice score. Last 10 times Ive been to GW its been a waste of time. They used to have albums out all the time now there's been none for months. My local GW is keeping all the good stuff and putting worthless shiny trinkets out.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When I moved from Colorado Springs, Co. to Mesa, Az., I noticed a distinct decline in the quality of goods at the local Goodwill. I also noticed a distinct increase in the prices. I could go to the thrift stores in Colorado Springs and find stereo components and musical instrument amplifiers for five bucks or less. Here they sit on the shelves and wait for half off day and even then they are over priced. In Colorado I could find all kinds of nice 35 mm cameras to choose from for twenty dollars or less. Here in Arizona all they have are the cheap plastic give away cameras you get for watching a time share presentation.

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Great find in the TS!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I check out the GW here once in awhile and see the same lurkers waiting for the employee's to bring out the cart with the "new" goods, I happened to be there once when they brought out a cart and it wasn't nice. Good Luck with that, hope you find more! Me, I think I will stick to Garage,Yard & Estate sales!...........Scott.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread