What's new

HALF DOLLAR LOVE TOKEN, SEATED OR CAPPED?

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also found this lead token or coin wait..Not sure what it is.
So today I was in the city of Brotherly Love, back at one of my old spots, thats has beem so good to me and others over the years. The only problem with this place is there is so much iron it is hiding anything that is left.
Anyway after sifting yesterday, I thought about how much we miss do to the iron. So when I got any kind of signal I was digging it. When I popped the plug if there was pottery or glass in the hole I would dig deeper and put my pinpionter in and take out the iron. (Cant believe how much stuff we are missing just using a detector)! So one of the holes im doing this on, I was digging a mid tone what I thought could be a pewter button, was only a pop top!! Lol. But the was lots of pottery and glass in the hole i started to open up the hole more and more and pull out nails, and all kinds of iron. You had to see me sweating away. Any way I get this beep on the pinpointer and slam my shovel in because I thougjt it was just another nail, well out pops this coin!!! It was facing me with the E on it, I flip it over and scream no way!!! LOVE TOKEN.. My first one. I also gave it a nice HICKEY with the shovle. Glad it wasn't perfect to start.Iam very happy man!
Not sure if its seated or Capped?
I believe its seated.
Just goes to show 2 things,
1- Iron hides everything.
2- you dont need a detector to find treasures. Just a pinpointer. Lol
Also found a V nickel and a buff.
Thanks for looking.
George
 

Attachments

  • 1441312614317.webp
    1441312614317.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1441312626770.webp
    1441312626770.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 1441312642540.webp
    1441312642540.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 1441312657200.webp
    1441312657200.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 1441312673081.webp
    1441312673081.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 1441312698050.webp
    1441312698050.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 1441312706610.webp
    1441312706610.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 1441312716130.webp
    1441312716130.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 231
  • 1441312727871.webp
    1441312727871.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 1441312736832.webp
    1441312736832.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 1441312746311.webp
    1441312746311.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 1441312759020.webp
    1441312759020.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 1441312768750.webp
    1441312768750.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 72
That love token kicks arse! NIce finds, thanks for sharing and HH ALL
 
My best guess would be seated....but man that coin is awesome what a phenomenal find...only ever saw a few love tokens made from a half but never a dug one!!!
 
Absolutely a killer find... not just an excellent condition seated half, but one that was hand fabricated into a love token. Congrats on an awesome find.

I would say banner, but you already have a coin on the banner, and I have asked the Mods to only allow you one banner at a time.

Please continue to make the whole internet jealous!
 
George - I was just checking out the reverse side of both varieties in my Red Book, and based on the details I'm seeing I think yours is a seated half. And like I told you earlier, I've never seen or heard of anyone digging a love token fashioned from a seated quarter, much less a half dollar. Very cool find indeed! And sorry for not being able to help you with that lead disk, but I'm sure someone on here will know. Nice chatting with you today ....
 
It's an amazing coin/token!, can't tell ya here what I said when I got the text from ya! Let's just say I used some 4 letter words, lol great finds!
 
Sweet Love Token George! It really is incredible how much stuff is masked. This year I've scored two sweet LC's and dozens of buttons that were all masked. It's hard work, but it really pays off at the right sites.
 
That is the largest and nicest love token coin I have ever seen anywhere. Most are dimes or quarters.All the ones I dug were dimes.Wow,I would love to have that one in my collection.
 
That Love Token is just too COOL!:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Beautiful hand engraving and the E for Erik is quite nice -- you shouldn't have! :laughing7: :occasion14:

It's definitely a Seated half as the Capped Bust halves have "50 c." where yours says "HALF DOL." and the back of the Barber half is altogether different.

It really cleaned up very well and is a beautiful find. I have yet to find any American Love Token of any denomination or series coin. So big congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Vino
You never cease to amaze me!
 
Who needs a cob when you consistently pull that kinda stuff from the dirt
 
Amazing...just absolutely amazing!

Congratulations on finding such a beautiful piece of history!
 
My best guess would be seated....but man that coin is awesome what a phenomenal find...only ever saw a few love tokens made from a half but never a dug one!!!

Thanks NE
 
Absolutely a killer find... not just an excellent condition seated half, but one that was hand fabricated into a love token. Congrats on an awesome find.

I would say banner, but you already have a coin on the banner, and I have asked the Mods to only allow you one banner at a time.

Please continue to make the whole internet jealous!

Thanks Tom!!
Glad you are in with the mods..
 
Vino,

Great score on the half dollar love token.....now you have to up your game and find a gold one.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
George - I was just checking out the reverse side of both varieties in my Red Book, and based on the details I'm seeing I think yours is a seated half. And like I told you earlier, I've never seen or heard of anyone digging a love token fashioned from a seated quarter, much less a half dollar. Very cool find indeed! And sorry for not being able to help you with that lead disk, but I'm sure someone on here will know. Nice chatting with you today ....

Thanks Bill, I was so excited I had to text you.. Looking forward to getting text from you when the fields open up!!
 
It's an amazing coin/token!, can't tell ya here what I said when I got the text from ya! Let's just say I used some 4 letter words, lol great finds!

Thanks Chris, you know the place!!
You were there. Dave was there, Scrappy was there, Man if that place could talk huh????
 
Last edited:
Sweet Love Token George! It really is incredible how much stuff is masked. This year I've scored two sweet LC's and dozens of buttons that were all masked. It's hard work, but it really pays off at the right sites.

Thanks Brad, you gave me the inspiration! And Bill pushed me! Lol
Yes, crazy how much stuff we cant find because of iron. Even a half!
Big silver coin like that.
George
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom