What's new

Half hour in the rain at the 1700s demolished house site.

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Went out with my son for about half an hour, almost dark and found these two awesome finds ( my first "flowing hair" cent) and a wonderful colonial thingy that I posted on "What is is" This is the oldest but best shape copper that I've found to date The copper is an 1803 and the pics don't do it justice .....Rich and Paul
 

Attachments

  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 928
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 906
  • buckle3.webp
    buckle3.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 903
  • buckle4.webp
    buckle4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 898
  • buckle5.webp
    buckle5.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 898
  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 908
  • flowing1.webp
    flowing1.webp
    9 KB · Views: 917
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 907
  • flowing2.webp
    flowing2.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 915
  • buckle3.webp
    buckle3.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 906
  • flowing3.webp
    flowing3.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 901
  • buckle4.webp
    buckle4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 900
  • buckle5.webp
    buckle5.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

congrats on the coin and the awesome buckle :thumbsup:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Sweet finds out of equally sweet dirt! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

WOW! That buckle is going to get some people here tnet blood running... that is a really super nice buckle!
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

nice buckle and alsome cent piece....Matt
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Couple of great finds. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Congrats on the excellent finds :icon_thumright: !!

TommNJ
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

All I can say is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :icon_thumleft:

Bubba65
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Awesome looking old cent there congrats.
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Iron Patch said:
Sweet finds out of equally sweet dirt! :thumbsup:

Wow... I concur! Your soil is exceptionally easy on metals. Very nice!!

Slab
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

I want your dirt.
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Man :o That is The Best Old Copper of that age I've Ever Seen ! Fantastic
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

can we get more pics of the copper please? willy
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

BOTH are fantastic finds. :icon_thumleft:
Beautiful buckle & in excellent shape.
Congrats,
MM
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

The Condition of both finds is Incredible, I hope your able to hunt that Site again.
Nova Treasure
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

That Draped bust large cent is in beautiful shape and I am drolling on the pic of the shoe buckle. :thumbsup:
Chris
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Two finds that are in superb conditon. The buckle is absolutely perfect, very rare to see one complete. I'd say the finds look so good because they were probably buried right where the house was. They have never been exposed to a farm plow, so i'll bet that whatever you find there will be in great shape.


James.
HomesteadHunter.
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Thanks guys, I found these in the dirt that was plowed into the cellar hole to fill it. Inches past where the inside of the foundation was. The buckle very well may have been in the house or protected by the structure. The cent was about 3 feet away, same distance in. I've found two other large cents here before the house went down. They weren't nearly as old (1819 matron) and (181?) in much worse shape. I plan on going back tonight, Ill let you know if I find anything else. The best part is the digging is effortless. We brought along a spade and don't have to worry about filling holes. You'll see what I mean when I post pics of the site....Rich.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom