What's new

Half hour in the rain at the 1700s demolished house site.

richm

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2009
Messages
484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Went out with my son for about half an hour, almost dark and found these two awesome finds ( my first "flowing hair" cent) and a wonderful colonial thingy that I posted on "What is is" This is the oldest but best shape copper that I've found to date The copper is an 1803 and the pics don't do it justice .....Rich and Paul
 

Attachments

  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 928
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 906
  • buckle3.webp
    buckle3.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 903
  • buckle4.webp
    buckle4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 898
  • buckle5.webp
    buckle5.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 898
  • buckle2.webp
    buckle2.webp
    24 KB · Views: 907
  • flowing1.webp
    flowing1.webp
    9 KB · Views: 917
  • buckle1.webp
    buckle1.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 908
  • flowing2.webp
    flowing2.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 915
  • buckle3.webp
    buckle3.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 906
  • flowing3.webp
    flowing3.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 901
  • buckle4.webp
    buckle4.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 900
  • buckle5.webp
    buckle5.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 905
Upvote 0
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Absolutely Beautiful buckle and LC. Congratulations!!!! Hogge :headbang:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Can we get a close up of the 1803 LC? Front an back.. use Macro the flower icon on the camera if you have it...
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

I actually used the macro at about 2 feet away then enlarged. I will try to take a better shot and post it...Rich.
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Great condition on both of your finds. I am looking forward to seeing a larger, more detailed pic of the coin.....and pictures
of the site you are working. Good job........no, GREAT JOB!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

you just dont see an old coin and buckle
come from the earth every day that is in
that awesome condition !!
Congrats on those sweet finds !
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Outstanding buckle!!!!! :headbang:
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

that buckle is a beauty! congrats
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

richm said:
I actually used the macro at about 2 feet away then enlarged. I will try to take a better shot and post it...Rich.
Macro is made so you can be inches away an take a clear detailed pic ..... most cameras now adays you will have to press the button halfway down wait for it to focus then press down rest of the way to take a clear picture
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Hey, I got similar finds today! :tongue3: Very nice shoe buckle, love to see the complete and still workable being found.

Don
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Great finds Rich! The coin looks like it might be a condition rarity!
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

nice job on the copper
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Man those are nice.

The dfx and 1400 is a sick combo.

HH Jer
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

beautiful coin
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

JerDfx, Had the regular stock coil on with the factory Deep silver program. I know there's silver at this site but it keeps eluding me. Even the half reale that I found was giving me a weak broken signal. If I hadn't visually seen it I might have passed it up. I might give the 1400 a try but I not sure how it will work with all the trash. Rich.
 
Re: Half hour in the rain at the 1700's demolished house site.

Both of these large cents were found at the same site a few feet from each other. Look how much worse shape the newer cent is in. Rich.
 

Attachments

  • comparison.webp
    comparison.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 349

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom