What's new

Has anyone used the Whites Surf PI pro?

leatherneck

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
63
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
Now that I live in Florida I am thinking of investing in the surf PI pro. I like the pulse induction because it seems to ignore the mineralization. I understand that it works just as good on dry land, and in the gold fields or in the woods. Any input? :help:
 
I had problems with my whites in the salt water but ok for fresh....Matt
 
Leatherneck i have the PI pro . A few questions for you . Are you in good shape . Have you hunted in
the ocean, its a lot of work . From what i read Florida is low in mineralization and the gulf coast has less wave action
Be prepared to get slammed buy waves. PIs are made for salt water not so much fresh because of little discrimination.
Thy do go deep. The Whites BHID does well there look up Florida Bill on a few forums he does well with it .
I have the BHID also you can cover more ground because of good discrimination , good depth but not PI depth.
Also the EXCAL guys will chime in . Go to the beaches and see what thy use and have to say good luck Mike
 
;D Hi, This is coin finder, allso a very good machine for Detecting , is The ( Beachunter 300) work Great in salt water. that is my 2-cent. ;D ;D
 
Just be prepared: You can't reject iron. Unless you want to play with tones and second guess all-the-time. Great for depth and black sand, but if you're on a beach with lots of bobby-pins, bent nails, paper-clips, etc.... be prepared for punishment :) But a discriminator, on the other hand, won't get tinsel-thin gold chains or earing studs, can't handle jet-black sand, etc.... So it's a trade off, depending on the beach you're working.
 
Thanks for your replies but now I am a little more confused. One says good in fresh water not salt. One says good in salt not fresh. Then Tom you said it doesn't handle black sand well, which is iron. Down here on the Florida beaches that I have gone to some of them have big streaks of black sand, so it doesn't sound like I should jump into this. I will see what the fellows on the beach are using. Maybe for now I will get the biggest DD coil I can for my MXT and go with that. Any more info will be appreciated.
 
Tom said the PI does not reject iron like nails
I said most would not use in fresh water for that reason. In salt water small nails rot away. In fresh water thy dont
The PI is the best in black sand and the deepest .
 
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I was on my first cup of coffee. :coffee2: Over the years I have learned to dig everything. Especially since an iron target could be masking a coin or gold nugget. I never thought about the wave action except that it would be hard to dig in. Is there a preferred method for digging in moving sand? Thanks again for the info. :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom